Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > Exchange 2003 official classroom book

Exchange 2003 official classroom book

DavidS

Can anyone tell me the ISBN number of the official Microsoft Press classroom
book for Exchange 2003? I prefer to get the classroom book for exam prep and
reference as opposed to the multitude of 3rd party books.

Thanks!

Lawrence Garvin [MVP]

"DavidS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can anyone tell me the ISBN number of the official Microsoft Press
> classroom
> book for Exchange 2003? I prefer to get the classroom book for exam prep
> and
> reference as opposed to the multitude of 3rd party books.

Actually, the concep of a "Microsoft Press classroom book" is an oxymoron.
The text material prepared for Microsoft Official Curriculum is not
published by MSPress. The "Training Kits" published by MSPress are not
designed for use in the M.O.C., but rather for self-directed study.

Having said that, information on Microsoft recommended training materials
for the Exchange 2003 exam can be found at:

Implementing and Managing Microsoft Exchange Server 2003
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en...ms/70-284.mspx

MSPress Book: http://www.microsoft.com/mspress/books/6560.aspx

Designing a Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Organization
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en...ms/70-285.mspx

No MSPress book published

--
Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA

http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

DavidS

Thank you for the reply. Let me rephrase my request. I am looking for the
Microsoft Official Academic Course Series book for Exchange 2003 similar to
this one for SQL 2000:

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Admi...8451023&sr=8-4

These are the books that you receive when you take a classroom/instructor
lead Microsoft course. Ever since taking the Windows 2000 Server course, I
have been accumulating these very nice, very informative MOACS books and hope
to continue with some of the newer ones.

"Lawrence Garvin [MVP]" wrote:

> "DavidS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Can anyone tell me the ISBN number of the official Microsoft Press
> > classroom
> > book for Exchange 2003? I prefer to get the classroom book for exam prep
> > and
> > reference as opposed to the multitude of 3rd party books.

> Actually, the concep of a "Microsoft Press classroom book" is an oxymoron.
> The text material prepared for Microsoft Official Curriculum is not
> published by MSPress. The "Training Kits" published by MSPress are not
> designed for use in the M.O.C., but rather for self-directed study.
>
> Having said that, information on Microsoft recommended training materials
> for the Exchange 2003 exam can be found at:
>
> Implementing and Managing Microsoft Exchange Server 2003
> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en...ms/70-284.mspx
>
> MSPress Book: http://www.microsoft.com/mspress/books/6560.aspx
>

> Designing a Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Organization
> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en...ms/70-285.mspx
>
> No MSPress book published
>

> --
> Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA

> http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

Lawrence Garvin [MVP]

"DavidS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thank you for the reply. Let me rephrase my request. I am looking for the
> Microsoft Official Academic Course Series book for Exchange 2003 similar
> this one for SQL 2000:

Ahhhh, my misunderstanding.

> These are the books that you receive when you take a classroom/instructor
> lead Microsoft course. Ever since taking the Windows 2000 Server course, I
> have been accumulating these very nice, very informative MOACS books and
> hope
> to continue with some of the newer ones.

I thought these books were only available *IF* you took an instructor led
Microsoft Official Curriculum course. Enrollment in the course (and payment
of associated fees, of course) would be a prerequsite to getting the
training materials. Though I imagine a few are floating around on the
second-hand market from former students trying to reclaim a few bucks.

Alternatively, if you're a MCT and employed by a certified learning
provider, I imagine they can be ordered direct from Microsoft.

Now, as concerns your statement in your original post "I prefer to get the
classroom book for exam prep and
reference as opposed to the multitude of 3rd party books.", might I suggest
that the MSPress Training Kits are a fine compromise between the "official"
curriculum and other "3rd party books".

Given the price of the book ($123.75!!??), the MSPress TK is about a third
of the cost, too.

Frankly I'm intrigued that the publications are even available via
Amazon.com!