Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Free AVG 8.5 --- any opinions?

Free AVG 8.5 --- any opinions?

alan

Satisfied with 8.0, and always wary of the "latest version" of anything,
I've put off downloading it. Has anyone had any experience with it so far?
Any problems?
Thanks for any input . . .
--
alan

PeeCee

"alan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:gQVzl.11006$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Satisfied with 8.0, and always wary of the "latest version" of anything,
> I've put off downloading it. Has anyone had any experience with it so
> far? Any problems?
> Thanks for any input . . .
> --
> alan

Installed it last week, no problems.

Paul.

1PW

On 03/29/2009 07:08 PM, alan sent:
> Satisfied with 8.0, and always wary of the "latest version" of anything,
> I've put off downloading it. Has anyone had any experience with it so
> far? Any problems?
> Thanks for any input . . .

Hello Alan:

According to many, the newer AVG will certainly increase its footprint
in your system. Nonetheless, this is still regarded by many as a fine
weapon in your antimalware arsenal.

In the malware newsgroups, AVG, Avira, Avast & NOD32 are the better
products with the most mention. Then too the most experienced users are
staying away from antimalware suites and going with individual solutions.

HTH

Pete
--
1PW @?6A62?FEH9E=6o2@=]4@> [r4o7t]

alan

"1PW" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:gqu24r$vnt$(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 03/29/2009 07:08 PM, alan sent:
>> Satisfied with 8.0, and always wary of the "latest version" of anything,
>> I've put off downloading it. Has anyone had any experience with it so
>> far? Any problems?
>> Thanks for any input . . .

> Hello Alan:
>
> According to many, the newer AVG will certainly increase its footprint
> in your system. Nonetheless, this is still regarded by many as a fine
> weapon in your antimalware arsenal.
>
> In the malware newsgroups, AVG, Avira, Avast & NOD32 are the better
> products with the most mention. Then too the most experienced users are
> staying away from antimalware suites and going with individual solutions.
>
> HTH
>
> Pete

(First of all, let me thank all those who've already given me some input on
my query)
Pete: Can you be more specific about what you mean by "individual
solutions"?
Thanks
--
alan