Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Any prep for Conficker Judgement Day on April 1st

Any prep for Conficker Judgement Day on April 1st

davy

Is it only Microsoft /IE that this concerns or are there any steps to
take to safeguard Mozilla products?
Or is it another hoax?
Cheers,
Davy

johnn

On Mon, 30 Mar 2009 08:53:53 +1000, davy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Is it only Microsoft /IE that this concerns or are there any steps to
>take to safeguard Mozilla products?
>Or is it another hoax?
>Cheers,
>Davy

Hi Davy:

Of most people who give answers here, I am probably the least
qualified to do so.
However, your question made me curious, and I googled "conficker"
[which you could have done (-; ]

I think it is a Windows problem - not a browswer problem (If I'm wrong
here, I'm sure someone will correct me).

One of the betst answers (IMHO) I found was here:
http://www.pcworld.com/article/15787...cker_worm.html

Good Luck! Stay healthy, and remember:
Abstinence is the best defence agains viri (sp?)!

_________________________
John
_________________________

"God is dead"
-- Nietzsche (1844-1900)
"Nietzsche is dead"
-- God

Mike Jones

Responding to davy:

> Is it only Microsoft /IE that this concerns or are there any steps to
> take to safeguard Mozilla products?
> Or is it another hoax?
> Cheers,
> Davy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conficker

To be accurate, the "targets the Microsoft Windows operating system" line
should read "affects The Microsoft Windows Operating system which is
(still, after all these years,) vunerable to such malicious coding
attacks"

The original wording serves to support the regularly debunked idea that
the only reason Windows suffers with so many virus\malware\spyware
problems is simply because it is heavily and disproportionately targeted.
In fact, its because it is (still!) so amazingly vunerable to these
things.

Hope this helped.

Further reading (FWIW)...
http://www.linux.com/articles/42031