Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > General Computer Support > Trouble with second burner installation

Trouble with second burner installation

purplemickey purplemickey is offline
Junior Member

My PC had 1xDVD burner and 1 DVD rom, I decided to upgrade the DVD rom with a newer DVD burner but have encountered a problem.

When I installed all I did was just swap cables from old DVD rom to new DVD burner, then when I rebooted system none of the DVD drives were detected.

I then unplugged the original burner (that I did not remove) and plugged cables into the new burner and the new burner installed fine however how do I fix this so I can have both working? All I did was unplug old DVD rom and plug new burner in exactly the same as it was set up so should've been quite simple.

Thanks