Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Cisco 4402, Web Authentication function without requiring logins

Cisco 4402, Web Authentication function without requiring logins

tyndareus

Hi all--

I'm attempting to configure the web authentication function on a Cisco
4402 Wireless LAN controller. Once a mobile user successfully connects
to the wireless network and chooses a website to visit she would be
redirected to web authentication page and prompts them to accept a
disclaimer.

I read the configuration guide and there is section that outlines
customizing the web authenication function but only examples with
logins. I'd like it to behave as a disclaimer message rather than
prompting for a login.

Your comments and configuration examples would be appreciated.

Andrey Tarasov

tyndareus wrote:
> Hi all--
>
> I'm attempting to configure the web authentication function on a Cisco
> 4402 Wireless LAN controller. Once a mobile user successfully connects
> to the wireless network and chooses a website to visit she would be
> redirected to web authentication page and prompts them to accept a
> disclaimer.
>
> I read the configuration guide and there is section that outlines
> customizing the web authenication function but only examples with
> logins. I'd like it to behave as a disclaimer message rather than
> prompting for a login.
>
> Your comments and configuration examples would be appreciated.

You have to use passthrough as web policy instead of authentication.
Here is URL of example -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/...809bdb5f.shtml

Regards,
Andrey.