Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > General Computer Support > How To Display And Edit Multiline In Datagrid Controls With Databinding..

How To Display And Edit Multiline In Datagrid Controls With Databinding..

har29oct har29oct is offline
Junior Member

I have a gridview web control in one asp.net 2.0 page which has a field with mutliline texts need to be displayed and updated. I am using SQLDatasource to retrieve the data from my database and then use databinding to this gridview. When the mutliline texts showed on the gridview, all line breaks were gone. For example, the original texts came from the user in the database were:

Row 1 - text text
Row 2 - text text
Row 2 - text text

While it displayed in the gridview it looked like one single line without any line breaks:
Row 1 - text textRow 2 - text textRow 3 - text text.
please give a solution for this one.......

And when I clicked the Edit command, these texts would show in one single line text box too.