Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Share Internet of Windows Xp Desktop with pocket pc via wifi

Share Internet of Windows Xp Desktop with pocket pc via wifi

Gaurav Kothari, India

I have following config
PC: Connected to internet via LAN
PC----------------------LAN Switch-----------------Router
192.168.1.50 192.168.1.1
255.255.255.0

My PC also have a wireless card
I have a windows mobile 5.0 Pocket PC with Wi-fi
How can i share the internet connection of my PC on my Pocket PC using wi-fi

Thanks

Sooner Al [MVP]

The easiest way, IMHO, is to use a wireless router. I can do that with my old
Axim PocketPC running WM2003SE. In my case I have to use WPA-PSK [TKIP] as
the encryption type. I have a ZyXEL NBG334W router.

Alternatively if the PC has a wireless card in it you could try an ad-hoc
connection between the PPC and the PC then use ICS on the PC so the PPC can
access the network and internet through the PC. Here is one page that may
help with that.

http://www.geocities.com/grieg_winter/adhoc/index.html

You might consider posting to the microsoft.public.pocketpc.wireless news
group for addtional help.

Good luck...

--

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows – Desktop User Experience)

rights...

James Egan

On Sat, 28 Mar 2009 05:16:03 -0700, Gaurav Kothari, India
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have following config
>PC: Connected to internet via LAN
>192.168.1.50 192.168.1.1
>255.255.255.0
>
>My PC also have a wireless card
>I have a windows mobile 5.0 Pocket PC with Wi-fi
>How can i share the internet connection of my PC on my Pocket PC using wi-fi

You could look at bridging the wired and wireless interfaces on the xp
desktop and establishing an adhoc wireless connection to it from the
pocket pc

Jim.