Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > pyqt drop to open a file

pyqt drop to open a file

rui.li.spam@gmail.com

Hi,

anyone can give a simple example or a link on how to use 'drop' with
pyqt.

what I'm looking for is drop a file to main widget then program get
the path\filename

something like: main_widget set to accept 'drop event', set filename
when 'drop event happens' then the filename is path\filename of the
file user drag from any location to main widget.

Thanks for any help.

-Ray

Albert Hopkins

On Fri, 2009-03-27 at 17:55 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> anyone can give a simple example or a link on how to use 'drop' with
> pyqt.
>
> what I'm looking for is drop a file to main widget then program get
> the path\filename
>
> something like: main_widget set to accept 'drop event', set filename
> when 'drop event happens' then the filename is path\filename of the
> file user drag from any location to main widget.

Google is your friend:

http://www.zetcode.com/tutorials/pyqt4/dragdrop/