Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > aspx.vb files

aspx.vb files

Don

Is it necessary to have the aspx.vb (Sourcecode) files on
the server or is the application.dll enough to make my apps
working on server? I don't want to realease my source code!

Thanks
Don

Louis R. Schilling

No you do not need to copy your .vb files to the web server. The DLL
contains all the necessary code for the application to function properly.

HTH,

Lou

"Don" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:066601c3b582$246b17c0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is it necessary to have the aspx.vb (Sourcecode) files on
> the server or is the application.dll enough to make my apps
> working on server? I don't want to realease my source code!
>
> Thanks
> Don

Tommy

You only need the .dll file on a production web server. All the source
code in your code-behind file gets compiled into the .dll file.

Tommy,