Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > OT: Title of this movie?

OT: Title of this movie?

mianileng

Sorry about the OT post. I posted this in alt.movies but have not
received any reply so far. I believe this NG has a fair number of
mature regulars and am hoping that I'll have better luck here.

I wonder if anyone here could tell me the title of a movie I saw
at least 20 years ago and would like to see again. This is what I
remember of it:

During the Korean war, an American soldier befriended a young
Korean boy (probably a war orphan - I don't remember). Years
later, the boy, now grown up (and probably making a good living)
came to America looking for his former benefactor. All he knew
about the soldier was that his name was Brown. Mr.Brown had
become a professional boxer. IIRC, it was a touching comedy. It
also involved a pair of socks that the former soldier gave to the
Korean boy, and which the Korean had been keeping as a treasured
possession all those years.

mianileng

Savageduck wrote:
> On 2009-03-27 10:08:40 -0700, Savageduck
> <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
>
>> On 2009-03-27 10:12:49 -0700, "mianileng"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
>>> Sorry about the OT post. I posted this in alt.movies but have
>>> not
>>> received any reply so far. I believe this NG has a fair
>>> number of
>>> mature regulars and am hoping that I'll have better luck
>>> here.
>>>
>>> I wonder if anyone here could tell me the title of a movie I
>>> saw
>>> at least 20 years ago and would like to see again. This is
>>> what I
>>> remember of it:
>>>
>>> During the Korean war, an American soldier befriended a young
>>> Korean boy (probably a war orphan - I don't remember). Years
>>> later, the boy, now grown up (and probably making a good
>>> living)
>>> came to America looking for his former benefactor. All he
>>> knew
>>> about the soldier was that his name was Brown. Mr.Brown had
>>> become a professional boxer. IIRC, it was a touching comedy.
>>> It
>>> also involved a pair of socks that the former soldier gave to
>>> the
>>> Korean boy, and which the Korean had been keeping as a
>>> treasured
>>> possession all those years.

>> See if one of these rings a bell; I did a search on imdb.com
>> based on
>> "Korean War orphan" and came upwith this list.
>> http://www.imdb.com/Find?select=Plot...20War%20orphan

> This seems to be the one. Character "Brown".
> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094131/

Thanks a lot for taking the time. The title doesn't ring a bell
but the plot sounds like it. I'll see if I can hunt it down.

Stormin Mormon

I am unable to find it on Google, or www.imdb.com ; sorry.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"mianileng" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:gqivme$2ra$(E-Mail Removed)...
[...]

John McWilliams

Stormin Mormon wrote:
> I am unable to find it on Google, or www.imdb.com ; sorry.

Would you kindly place your reply after that to which you are responding?

--
john mcwilliams

John McWilliams

John McWilliams wrote:
> Stormin Mormon wrote:
>> I am unable to find it on Google, or www.imdb.com ; sorry.

> Would you kindly place your reply after that to which you are responding?

Would I please stop double posting?

self.

John McWilliams

John McWilliams wrote:
> Stormin Mormon wrote:
>> I am unable to find it on Google, or www.imdb.com ; sorry.

> Would you kindly place your reply after that to which you are responding?

Would I please stop double posting?

--
Self

Stormin Mormon

AFTER (8:07 AM)

Sure.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

BEFORE: 12:59 AM.
"John McWilliams" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:gqs7vq$5j7$(E-Mail Removed)...