Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Unused icons in My Network Places.

Unused icons in My Network Places.

PVR

I use computers with either XP/3 or Vista/1 shared on a wireless
network. When I open "My Network Places" or "Network" I receive a
number of shared folders which I can't open. Some other folders can be
opened.

How can I remove these unused folders without loosing files they may
contain?

Many thanks,

Peter.

John

"PVR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>I use computers with either XP/3 or Vista/1 shared on a wireless network.
>When I open "My Network Places" or "Network" I receive a number of shared
>folders which I can't open. Some other folders can be opened.
>
> How can I remove these unused folders without loosing files they may
> contain?

Right mouse click - delete

Jack [MVP-Networking]

Hi
What ever you can delete.
Look at the Network's computers and make sure that there is Mapped drives
that are Not valid anymore, and Unmap them.
The rest would disappear after few boots,
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)