Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Two letter .co.nz sites?

Two letter .co.nz sites?

Nik Coughlin

What do you think a fair price for a two letter .co.nz site is?

Advertised prices seem fairly arbitrary... I've seen anything from a few
hundred to $10k

I'm trying to get hold of one but they want $8,500 for it, price listed on
the reseller's website. My client doesn't want it that badly. I'd like to
try and negotiate them down but first I want to make sure I'm not wasting my
time

Gordon

On 2009-03-27, Nik Coughlin <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> What do you think a fair price for a two letter .co.nz site is?
>
> Advertised prices seem fairly arbitrary... I've seen anything from a few
> hundred to $10k
>
> I'm trying to get hold of one but they want $8,500 for it, price listed on
> the reseller's website. My client doesn't want it that badly. I'd like to
> try and negotiate them down but first I want to make sure I'm not wasting my
> time

FFS, FFS.

MFFW. (Market forces FW)

**** this has to have something more behind it. Gone on tell us all

Your Name

"Nik Coughlin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:gqh6tm$mgl$(E-Mail Removed)...
> What do you think a fair price for a two letter .co.nz site is?
>
> Advertised prices seem fairly arbitrary... I've seen anything from a few
> hundred to $10k
>
> I'm trying to get hold of one but they want $8,500 for it, price listed on
> the reseller's website. My client doesn't want it that badly. I'd like

> try and negotiate them down but first I want to make sure I'm not wasting

my
> time

Two letter websites aren't worth any more than one letter website or 99
letter websites. In reality a website name itself is only actually worth
around $30 per year since that's all it costs to register one.

Jack Spratt

"Nik Coughlin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:gqh6tm$mgl$(E-Mail Removed)...
> What do you think a fair price for a two letter .co.nz site is?

About the same as a ten letter .co.nz domain name.

--
Jack Spratt

Hamish Campbell

> Two letter websites aren't worth any more than one letter website or 99
> letter websites. In reality a website name itself is only actually worth
> around $30 per year since that's all it costs to register one.

Cost does not equal worth.

I would think that a more valuable name is a short, 'whole word'
domain name for a commonly searched term related to whatever you're
selling.

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <gqp1pr$v86$(E-Mail Removed)>, Your Name wrote:

> And ticket scalpers ...

Why is there anything wrong with reselling your own property?

Your Name

"geoff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Your Name wrote:
> > "Nik Coughlin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:gqh6tm$mgl$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> What do you think a fair price for a two letter .co.nz site is?
> >>
> >> Advertised prices seem fairly arbitrary... I've seen anything from a
> >> few hundred to $10k
> >>
> >> I'm trying to get hold of one but they want $8,500 for it, price
> >> listed on the reseller's website. My client doesn't want it that
> >> badly. I'd like to try and negotiate them down but first I want to
> >> make sure I'm not wasting my time

> > Two letter websites aren't worth any more than one letter website or
> > 99 letter websites. In reality a website name itself is only actually
> > worth around $30 per year since that's all it costs to register one.

> And cyber-squatters should be banned. They are the type of scum that have
> stuffed the economies ( scaling that up to include the likes of

speculative
> currency traders! )

And ticket scalpers ... and anyone else trying to make a quick buck, at
someone else's expense, while doing absoultely nothing to earn it. x-(

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <gqplvl$b4v$(E-Mail Removed)>, Your Name wrote:

> "Lawrence D'Oliveiro" <(E-Mail Removed)_zealand> wrote in message
> news:gqp2u0$vmp$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>> In message <gqp1pr$v86$(E-Mail Removed)>, Your Name wrote:
>>
>> > And ticket scalpers ...

>> Why is there anything wrong with reselling your own property?

> If that's a serious question, then you probably belong in the jail cell
> next to the scalper scumbags.

That sounds very Communist.

Your Name

news:gqp2u0$vmp$(E-Mail Removed)...
> In message <gqp1pr$v86$(E-Mail Removed)>, Your Name wrote:
>
> > And ticket scalpers ...

> Why is there anything wrong with reselling your own property?

If that's a serious question, then you probably belong in the jail cell next
to the scalper scumbags.

Your Name

news:gqpohb$ci0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> In message <gqplvl$b4v$(E-Mail Removed)>, Your Name wrote:
>
> > "Lawrence D'Oliveiro" <(E-Mail Removed)_zealand> wrote in

message
> > news:gqp2u0$vmp$(E-Mail Removed)...

> >> Why is there anything wrong with reselling your own property?

> > If that's a serious question, then you probably belong in the jail cell
> > next to the scalper scumbags.

> That sounds very Communist.

"Communist", not really. Try "Common decency" and "Common sense" ... two
things sadly almost non-existant in today's world (especially on the
Internet). Unfortunately the world revolves on selfishness, greed and
stupidity instead.