Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > RE: Find duplicates in a list and count them ...

RE: Find duplicates in a list and count them ...

Paul.Scipione@aps.com

Hi D'Arcy J.M. Cain,

Thank you. I tried this and my list of 76,979 integers got reduced to a dictionary of 76,963 items, each item listing the integer value from the list, a comma, and a 1. I think what this is doing is finding all integers from my list that are unique (only one instance of it in the list), instead of creating a dictionary with integers that are not unique, with a count of how many times they occur. My dictionary should contain only 11 items listing 11 integer values and the number of times they appear in my original list.

Thanks,

Paul J. Scipione
GIS Database Administrator
work: 602-371-7091