Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Creating files on the harddrive from ASP.NET code (correction)

Creating files on the harddrive from ASP.NET code (correction)

K Viltersten

I need to create a file on the local website, so that a
package i'm using can read it and draw a graph for
me (i haven't seen any good graphs in ASP.NET so i
went with JavaScript (JSCharts is the name).

It requires either to have an Array object or a file on
the site to read from. Can it be done?

P.S. I was too fast on the keyboard so i accidently
sent out an unfinished version of this post. Sorry.

--
Regards
K Viltersten

K Viltersten

> You don't even have to create a real file. It could be just a web page
> that renders the needed XML (I suppose) content... Client side you don't
> care about having a real file at the other side. You just see the content
> you requested whatever is used to produce it.
>
> If you tried something and get an error you may want to explain what you
> tried and what failed... (creating a file could trigger an application
> restart).

Oh, now i see... I totally forgot to set the content type
to "text/xml" and that's why JSChart didn't accept my
data set. D'oh on me...

Thanks!

--
Regards