Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > Default accounts in XP after installation

Default accounts in XP after installation

Steve

Hello

Can I confirm, please, that XP setup creates FOUR accounts by default during
installation: Adminsitrator, Guest, HelpAssistant and Support.

Thanks.

Steve

Will Clark

Hi Steve

XP creates four "Built-in" user accounts by default, plus any users you
created during setup.

- Administrator (You can guess what this one does)

- Guest (Disabled by default and should only be enabled when you need it to
be)

- Help Assistant (You can't log in, using this account. It's used for
authenticating users who connect to your machine using Remote Assistance)

- SUPPORT_xxxxxxxx (You can't log in using this either. It's "used by
Microsoft when providing remote support through the Help And Support Service
account"

I'd like someone to elaborate on the last one, though...

Cheers,

- Will

news:(E-Mail Removed)...