Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > ASA 5505 site-site VPN - other site dynamic?

ASA 5505 site-site VPN - other site dynamic?

SteveB SteveB is offline
Junior Member

I am trying to set up a site-site VPN between two sites. The Cisco ASA 5505 has a static public IP and the site with an Adtran router has a dynamic IP on the public interface. I have successfully gotten site-site working many times when both are static, but I have never done one where the initiating site is dynamic. How do you configure this on the ASA? I tried to put 0.0.0.0 as the peer IP address in the site-site vpn wizard, but it won't take it. If I try it at a command line, it takes it, but doesn't show it in the config.

Is there a proper procedure to configure this? I understand you can possibly do it with Cisco EasyVPN, but I would like to avoid using that if at all possible.

Thanks.

Last edited by SteveB; 03-26-2009 at 02:17 PM..