Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Is windows xp a real OS?

Is windows xp a real OS?

why?

On Thu, 26 Mar 2009 18:56:12 +0800, Uran wrote:

>I have the eternal trouble with just about everything on my laptop;
>defragging takes eons and after is "clean" takes only two minutes to leave

<snip>

To answer the question in the subject line.

Yes it is.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operating_system
http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/O/operating_system.html

Me

thanatoid

Andy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed) orken.borken
..spam.this.fully.qualified.domain.name.arse.clown .127.0.0.1.ot
herwise.known.as.localhost.i.drive.a.volvo.but.am. attempting.t
o.break.the.stereotype.borken.borken:

<SNIP>

>> That's not the one. Want me to post it for you somewhere?
>> Tiny "need to defrag?" analyzer. Old, may not run on XP,
>> who knows (I assume you use XP). But it should, it's
>> simple.

> I daresay Mr Shagnasty runs a decent OS that uses a proper
> filesystem - Linux of some variant (I recall mention of him
> running 40tude in 'Wine').

Now that I search in the dark recesses of my mind, you /may/ be
right, and yes, Linux does NOT require defragging. But we talk
about Windows all the time.

And the discussion was about Windows and I would have thought
Mr, Shagnasty would have stuck to Windows or said "Linux"
instead of saying "My operating system does not require
defragging".

> No defragmenting required, thanks (yes, really.)

Yeah, I know.

P.S. Quite an email address you got there buddy!

--
"Who knows what the OP is talking about?"
(about thanatoid)

thanatoid

"Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
in news:gql20l$e5m$(E-Mail Removed):

<SNIP>

> "Old, may not run on" a Linux computer. You assume
> incorrectly if you think I use XP (or Windows); I thought
> it might seem obvious from my conversation that I don't use
> any flavor of Windows. (Ubuntu 8.04, actually, to confirm
> what Andy and William suggest). I'll use Thunderbird for
> this reply, which should show you a Linux-version User
> Agent string in the headers.
>
> There is no need to defrag. Unless you use Windows.

OK, the entire thread was an error. Are you saying OB1 runs on
Linux? I thought you DO use that, and we /have/ talked about
Windows so often...

"never mind..."

Sorry.

Sigh.

--
"Who knows what the OP is talking about?"
(about thanatoid)

Evan Platt

On Sat, 28 Mar 2009 15:51:24 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>*Another* idiot troll, sorry this is all you get,
>I see no need to justify myself to someone as laughably
>stupid as you:

Pot. Kettle.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

thanatoid wrote:

> And the discussion was about Windows and I would have thought Mr,
> Shagnasty would have stuck to Windows or said "Linux" instead of
> saying "My operating system does not require defragging".

<lol>

That statement, combined with my sig, should have generated a large
klew. Of course, it would have required just a little bit of logic. <g>
I suppose I wanted to see if you'd pick up on it.

--
-bts

Dan C

On Sat, 28 Mar 2009 15:51:24 +0000, chuckcar wrote:

> *Another* idiot troll, sorry this is all you get, I see no need to
> justify myself to someone as laughably stupid as you:

What's that got to do with anything? What's wrong with the MID?

> Like *you* know anything.

LOL! I've forgotten more about Linux since I woke up this morning than
you will ever learn in your whole pitiful life, you ignorant dimwit.

Bugger off, Win-droid.

Need help?: http://brandybuck.site40.net/pics/ubuntu.jpg
Ahhhhhhhh!: http://brandybuck.site40.net/pics/relieve.jpg

thanatoid

"Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
in news:gqlp7b$seh$(E-Mail Removed):

> thanatoid wrote:
>
>> And the discussion was about Windows and I would have
>> thought Mr, Shagnasty would have stuck to Windows or said
>> "Linux" instead of saying "My operating system does not
>> require defragging".

> <lol>
>
> That statement, combined with my sig, should have generated
> a large klew. Of course, it would have required just a
> little bit of logic. <g> I suppose I wanted to see if you'd
> pick up on it.

Getting older and dumber. What can I say. Believe me, I used to
pretty smart!
Regards, and sorry about the thread.