Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > MCDst exam 70-271 and 70-272 exam preparation time and interval

MCDst exam 70-271 and 70-272 exam preparation time and interval

samnachilomo

Hi,
I have been reading the forum and realised that people do the exam 70-272
two weeks after they pass the exam 70-271, How long does it take to prepare
for exam 20-271? and how long does it take for the 70-272? Do you have to
prepare concurently for both exams?
I am planning to use the microsoft books for the preparation and the exam
cram book. Are they going to be sufficient for the preparation or will I need
any other source to suppliment?

Thanks

John R

"samnachilomo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> I have been reading the forum and realised that people do the exam 70-272
> two weeks after they pass the exam 70-271, How long does it take to
> prepare
> for exam 20-271? and how long does it take for the 70-272? Do you have to
> prepare concurently for both exams?
> I am planning to use the microsoft books for the preparation and the exam
> cram book. Are they going to be sufficient for the preparation or will I
> need
> any other source to suppliment?

Actually, I did 272 first, and then did 271 a couple weeks later. They are
independent exams and you can study for them however you want. One at a
time, together, it doesn't matter, it's all in how you want to take the
tests.

A lot of people take them numerically, but again, it's not important. The
requirement is to pass them both. There is no time frame. As long as the
exams are available, then you can take them.

If you are working front line tier-1 support for XP, you probably already
know most of the material, that is why most people take them so close
together.

John R

samnachilomo

Thanks John,
I do not have work experience but I have a computer science background so I
believe I will able to grasp the concepts.