Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Wireless Question

Wireless Question

jlc1945@hotmail.com

I need some advice or instruction please. I can't get my Windows XP laptop
to connect to a specific wireless network. I need to connect to bobnet and
my laptop defaults to bradynet. When I try to display all wireless
connections Windows XP tell me it cannot display because some other process
is in operation. Can someone coach me on this? Thanks in advance.

Usenet Newsgroup Service $9.95/Month 30GB

Barry Watzman

It's likely that the "other process" is the software supplied by the
mfgr. of the WiFi card. On most laptops, the WiFi card & wireless
configuration can be managed either by Windows or by the maker of the
WiFi card (either/or but not both .... somewhere, there is a "check box"
where you tell it whether to let Windows or the Card's software handle
WiFi configuration). Look for a WiFi utility program.