Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > password in TextBox is not appeared in a new asp page

password in TextBox is not appeared in a new asp page

Kuan

Hi All,

I am typing a password into a textBox with type="password", and then
submitting it into other page where I not see it in the textBox with
type="password" .
A password value is stored in a Session or a local variable.

Session["pwd"] = PasValue.Text;
..
..
..
PasValue.Text = Session["pwd"].ToString(); - is not appeared

Why it is occured?

Thanks & Regards,
Kuan

support@instantasp.co.uk

This is by design with ASP.NET you need to-do sommething like...

PasValue.Attributes("Value") = Session["pwd"].ToString();

Kindest Regards,

Ryan Healey

InstantASP Ltd - ASP.NET Collaboration & Support Tools
http://www.instantasp.co.uk

"Kuan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi All,
>
> I am typing a password into a textBox with type="password", and then
> submitting it into other page where I not see it in the textBox with
> type="password" .
> A password value is stored in a Session or a local variable.
>
> Session["pwd"] = PasValue.Text;
> .
> .
> .
> PasValue.Text = Session["pwd"].ToString(); - is not appeared
>
> Why it is occured?
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> Kuan

support@instantasp.co.uk

Opps sorry that should be ...

PasValue.Attributes["Value"] = Session["pwd"].ToString();

for c#

--
Kindest Regards,

Ryan Healey

InstantASP Ltd - ASP.NET Collaboration & Support Tools
(E-Mail Removed)
http://www.instantasp.co.uk

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> This is by design with ASP.NET you need to-do sommething like...
>
> PasValue.Attributes("Value") = Session["pwd"].ToString();
>
> Kindest Regards,
>
> Ryan Healey
>
> InstantASP Ltd - ASP.NET Collaboration & Support Tools
> (E-Mail Removed)
> http://www.instantasp.co.uk
>
> "Kuan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I am typing a password into a textBox with type="password", and then
> > submitting it into other page where I not see it in the textBox with
> > type="password" .
> > A password value is stored in a Session or a local variable.
> >
> > Session["pwd"] = PasValue.Text;
> > .
> > .
> > .
> > PasValue.Text = Session["pwd"].ToString(); - is not appeared
> >
> > Why it is occured?
> >
> > Thanks & Regards,
> > Kuan

Kuan