Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Desktop connection drops only when card in laptop is active

Desktop connection drops only when card in laptop is active

=?Utf-8?B?TWlrZQ==?=

My wife has a D link DWL 520 card in her desktop running XP SP 2 Home
edition. The connection works great when I am away for work or when my laptop
card is unplugged ( I am running 2000 professional). The minute I plug in my
laptop card and connect to the router her connection will drop within a
minute or two and I will have to repair it only to have it disconnect over
and over. It can't maintain a connection when my card is connected. When the
laptop card is not connected hers will remain connected for days without a
problem.

Any ideas what is causing this ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Clark

If you are doing DHCP, have you checked to make sure there are enough
addresses assignable to keep them from trying to use the same one?

You might try setting a static IP address on hers, out of the DHCP
assignable range, to see if helps.

Clark

news:(E-Mail Removed)...