Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Is there such a device?

Is there such a device?

Peter F

i All,

I was hoping for some help/guidance on a problem we have at one of our
satelite sites. We have a large screen array - it is currently fed by a UAD
which has three 4 port graphics cards installed to provide 12 video inputs -
we have proposed a solution using a Dexon video controller which does provide
the functionality but the Users still want to be able to provide 12 video
inputs - we don't have any system currently that can drive the equivalent.
The proposition was to have multiple UADs fitted with a 4 port card - but the
users didn't like to have to switch between the systems through a KVM.

I still think that this is one of the options but the main problem they have
is when they are carrying out a demo on the board they don't want to be
switching during the presentation - so we have a piece of work that is
currently looking at options to aid their working practices.

This is where I need the help - my thoughts are that for a majority of the
time during a demo a mouse can be used. Is there such a product available to
provide a wireless mouse which would allow users to switch between systems.
By that I am thinking that the wireless mouse may have channel button
allowing to switch between receivers connected to different computers - hope
this makes sense.
--
Flinty

Jack-MVP

Hi
Get few sets of Wireless Mice sets, connect each one to a system, mark each
one with a clear big number, and put them one next to the other each one on
its own pad.
It would take the same time to move the hand from one to the other as
choosing pressing a sequence on a small switch.
Otherwise look at computer equipment meant for the TV and Movie industry.
They might have a gizmo like this (and it probably going to be very
expensive).
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

"Peter F" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>i All,
>
> I was hoping for some help/guidance on a problem we have at one of our
> satelite sites. We have a large screen array - it is currently fed by a
> UAD
> which has three 4 port graphics cards installed to provide 12 video
> nputs -
> we have proposed a solution using a Dexon video controller which does
> provide
> the functionality but the Users still want to be able to provide 12 video
> inputs - we don't have any system currently that can drive the equivalent.
> The proposition was to have multiple UADs fitted with a 4 port card - but
> the
> users didn't like to have to switch between the systems through a KVM.
>
> I still think that this is one of the options but the main problem they
> have
> is when they are carrying out a demo on the board they don't want to be
> switching during the presentation - so we have a piece of work that is
> currently looking at options to aid their working practices.
>
> This is where I need the help - my thoughts are that for a majority of the
> time during a demo a mouse can be used. Is there such a product available
> provide a wireless mouse which would allow users to switch between
> systems.
> By that I am thinking that the wireless mouse may have channel button
> allowing to switch between receivers connected to different computers -
> hope
> this makes sense.
> --
> Flinty

Peter F

Hi Jack,

thanks very much for your reply.

We have 12 different screens superemposed on 1 big screen. These screens are
linked back to 3 PC's with one 4 port video card installed on each.

Is there a wireless mouse that would be able to control the 12 screens?

Thanks for you help.
--
Flinty

"Jack-MVP" wrote:

> Hi
> Get few sets of Wireless Mice sets, connect each one to a system, mark each
> one with a clear big number, and put them one next to the other each one on
> its own pad.
> It would take the same time to move the hand from one to the other as
> choosing pressing a sequence on a small switch.
> Otherwise look at computer equipment meant for the TV and Movie industry.
> They might have a gizmo like this (and it probably going to be very
> expensive).
> Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)
>
> "Peter F" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >i All,
> >
> > I was hoping for some help/guidance on a problem we have at one of our
> > satelite sites. We have a large screen array - it is currently fed by a
> > UAD
> > which has three 4 port graphics cards installed to provide 12 video
> > nputs -
> > we have proposed a solution using a Dexon video controller which does
> > provide
> > the functionality but the Users still want to be able to provide 12 video
> > inputs - we don't have any system currently that can drive the equivalent.
> > The proposition was to have multiple UADs fitted with a 4 port card - but
> > the
> > users didn't like to have to switch between the systems through a KVM.
> >
> > I still think that this is one of the options but the main problem they
> > have
> > is when they are carrying out a demo on the board they don't want to be
> > switching during the presentation - so we have a piece of work that is
> > currently looking at options to aid their working practices.
> >
> > This is where I need the help - my thoughts are that for a majority of the
> > time during a demo a mouse can be used. Is there such a product available
> > provide a wireless mouse which would allow users to switch between
> > systems.
> > By that I am thinking that the wireless mouse may have channel button
> > allowing to switch between receivers connected to different computers -
> > hope
> > this makes sense.
> > --
> > Flinty

Jack-MVP

Hi
I never came across one in the regular computer related market.
You should try through routes like this,
http://www.millenniumfilm.org/rental.html