Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > General Computer Support > Need Some Help

Need Some Help

guypierce guypierce is offline
Junior Member

Ok first off I am running Windows Vista home premium 32bit.

I have had this problem once before and was able to fix it but not this time.

I was working on the internet just fine connecting to a network at work not wireless but cabled, My boss told me he needed to internet set up in the conference room, so I hooked it up and unplugged my computer from the internet went to test connectivity in the conference room, it showed that it was not finding any networks. Checked everything: Cables, made sure I was plugged in everything. Went back to the room I was in that I have been using now for over a month with no problem and same thing no internet.

I go to Command Prompt and type ipconfig
first is shows that I have 13 tunnel connections that I would like to get rid of. It also said that all media was disconnected. I tried resetting winsock (netsh winsock reset) which worked last time but not now. I tried to release and renew the ip by command of ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew, but it wont let me because media is disconnected.

And when I try to connect to a unsecured wireless network it tells me im connected but local only still no internet. I cant think of anything else to do, I even tried restoring windows to the previous day when it was working and still nothing. Please Help.