Velocity Reviews > General Discussion > Front Page News > MSI 790GX-G65 AM3 Motherboard

MSI 790GX-G65 AM3 Motherboard

Ian Ian is offline
Administrator
Ian's Avatar

Bjorn 3D have a review of the MSI 790GX-G65 AM3 Motherboard, which support Crossfire and DDR3:

Quote:
AM3 parts are slowly coming around and everybody who have happend to stay on the AMD camp are getting excited. DDR3 prices are slowly coming down to a mainstream price and so now it's time to upgrade. MSI seemed to have jumped the gun on most companies and have released two boards for our AMD gaming community. We have today the 790GX-G65 mainboard that supports the growing demand for DDR3 as well as the new AM3 processors that support this RAM. Tie that together with some Crossfire support, EZ overclocking features, onboard HD 3300 VGA, and many more features and you have quite the beginer AM3 board.

One thing to notice is how cheap it is to upgrade to DDR3 for AMD and when you do this many new options will become avalible for the future. The overclocking ability will also be tested and since we are using DDR3 we hope to see some improvements over DDR2 standards. The sweet deal is the flexibility of AMD's platforms so really DDR2 or DDR3 AMD has you coverd. Enough talk, let's move along to see what MSI has to offer.
Read more here.