Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Re: A Fax program wanted

Re: A Fax program wanted

peterwn

On Mar 23, 9:09*pm, "B Roberts" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "Puddle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:49c7327b$(E-Mail Removed)...
>

> >B Roberts wrote:
> >> I have installed Vista Premium Home Edition

> >> Until now I did not realise it did not have a fax program

> >> XP and most of my previous OS had the ability to use fax.

> >> I guess they take it out so you have to pay extra
> >> for the next one up

> >> Does anyone know of a free Fax program?

> >> Help would be appreciated

> > It should be in vista also?
> >http://www.ehow.com/how_2029566_send-fax-vista.html

> Only business and Ultimate have fax programs now
> I have Premium Home Edition

Typical Microsoft. Business people would either have fax machines or
multifunctions which handle faxes.

It is home users most likely to need fax software, so surely it should
have been included in Home Premium.

Woger

On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 01:59:08 -0700 (PDT), peterwn <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On Mar 23, 9:09*pm, "B Roberts" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> "Puddle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>
>> news:49c7327b$(E-Mail Removed)...

>> > It should be in vista also?
>> >http://www.ehow.com/how_2029566_send-fax-vista.html

>> Only business and Ultimate have fax programs now
>> I have Premium Home Edition

>Typical Microsoft. Business people would either have fax machines or
>multifunctions which handle faxes.
>
>It is home users most likely to need fax software, so surely it should
>have been included in Home Premium.

Plus Dialup and a Fax modem.

peterwn

On Mar 23, 11:22*pm, Woger <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 01:59:08 -0700 (PDT), peterwn <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>

> >On Mar 23, 9:09*pm, "B Roberts" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >> "Puddle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> >>news:49c7327b$(E-Mail Removed)...

> >> Only business and Ultimate have fax programs now
> >> I have Premium Home Edition

> >Typical Microsoft. *Business people would either have fax machines or
> >multifunctions which handle faxes.

> >It is home users most likely to need fax software, so surely it should
> >have been included in Home Premium.

> Plus Dialup and a Fax modem.

You do not need dialup internet for fax. You do of course need a
modem that interfaces with a phone line ie a 'dial up' modem, and some
computers are sold with them. Fax machines basically contain such
modems which work on a p2p basis and at lower speeds than the fastest
dialup internet.