Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > How to load two files in a frameset

How to load two files in a frameset

Imda14u

Hi all,

I have a frameset of two rows.
the second frame is a frameset of two columns.

Now, i have a hyperlink in the first row of the top frame.
When i click the hyperlink, i want to load two files in the frames the
second frameset.

Please, how do i go about?

Any help is greatly apprciated.

Sybolt

dorayme

In article <49c67333$0$184$(E-Mail Removed)4all.nl>,
Imda14u <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a frameset of two rows.

> the second frame is a frameset of two columns.
>
> Now, i have a hyperlink in the first row of the top frame.
> When i click the hyperlink, i want to load two files in the frames the
> second frameset.

Make the hyperlink go to a new prepared frameset, which has the same top
frame but a different lower frameset. The lower frameset will have its
own two frames and you prepare the changes to the these two latter
frames.

Post a URL for further details. Please try to use a proper doctype for
your framesets and validate as best as you can. Use a proper doctype to
the frames themselves and validate these two.

If you cannot get to do what you want after this, you will get every
kind of help from me because I like seeing framed sites like I like
seeing old cars on the road, even ones that manage to keep going in
spite of every possible disadvantage (a sight that makes more modern
drivers shake their heads and tut tut away).

--
dorayme

Imda14u

dorayme schreef:
> In article <49c67333$0$184$(E-Mail Removed)4all.nl>,
> Imda14u <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have a frameset of two rows.

>> the second frame is a frameset of two columns.
>>
>> Now, i have a hyperlink in the first row of the top frame.
>> When i click the hyperlink, i want to load two files in the frames the
>> second frameset.
>>

> Make the hyperlink go to a new prepared frameset, which has the same top
> frame but a different lower frameset. The lower frameset will have its
> own two frames and you prepare the changes to the these two latter
> frames.
>
> Post a URL for further details. Please try to use a proper doctype for
> your framesets and validate as best as you can. Use a proper doctype to
> the frames themselves and validate these two.
>
> If you cannot get to do what you want after this, you will get every
> kind of help from me because I like seeing framed sites like I like
> seeing old cars on the road, even ones that manage to keep going in
> spite of every possible disadvantage (a sight that makes more modern
> drivers shake their heads and tut tut away).

Yes, of course.

i was looking for some javascript snippet using parent and all that, but
your suggestions is frankly much more straightforward.
Thanks a lot.

Sybolt

Lars Eighner

In our last episode,
<(E-Mail Removed)>, the lovely and
talented dorayme broadcast on alt.html:

> If you cannot get to do what you want after this, you will get every
> kind of help from me because I like seeing framed sites like I like
> seeing old cars on the road, even ones that manage to keep going in
> spite of every possible disadvantage (a sight that makes more modern
> drivers shake their heads and tut tut away).

Framesets? Ha! Real classics include MARQUEE and BLINK.

--
Lars Eighner <http://larseighner.com/> http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
61 days since Rick Warren prayed over Bush's third term.

cwdjrxyz

On Mar 22, 3:30*pm, Lars Eighner <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> In our last episode,
> <(E-Mail Removed)>, the lovely and
> talented dorayme broadcast on alt.html:
>
> > If you cannot get to do what you want after this, you will get every
> > kind of help from me because I like seeing framed sites like I like
> > seeing old cars on the road, even ones that manage to keep going in
> > spite of every possible disadvantage (a sight that makes more modern
> > drivers shake their heads and tut tut away).

> Framesets? *Ha! *Real classics include MARQUEE and BLINK.

And be sure to include an auto-started midi playing at full volume and
several animated gifs, such as dancing cows, if you want a true
classic .

dorayme

In article <(E-Mail Removed)> ,
Lars Eighner <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> In our last episode,
> <(E-Mail Removed)>, the lovely and
> talented dorayme broadcast on alt.html:
>
> > If you cannot get to do what you want after this, you will get every
> > kind of help from me because I like seeing framed sites like I like
> > seeing old cars on the road, even ones that manage to keep going in
> > spite of every possible disadvantage (a sight that makes more modern
> > drivers shake their heads and tut tut away).

> Framesets? Ha! Real classics include MARQUEE and BLINK.

You are not wrong Lars. If I design a website for a client in frames, I
always make sure to include both the above, even going to the trouble of
mimicking BLINK with an animated gif to cope with those *really
annoying* prudish browsers that refuse to support this element.

--
dorayme

dorayme

In article
<(E-Mail Removed)>,
cwdjrxyz <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On Mar 22, 3:30*pm, Lars Eighner <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > In our last episode,
> > <(E-Mail Removed)>, the lovely and
> > talented dorayme broadcast on alt.html:
> >
> > > If you cannot get to do what you want after this, you will get every
> > > kind of help from me because I like seeing framed sites like I like
> > > seeing old cars on the road, even ones that manage to keep going in
> > > spite of every possible disadvantage (a sight that makes more modern
> > > drivers shake their heads and tut tut away).

> > Framesets? *Ha! *Real classics include MARQUEE and BLINK.

> And be sure to include an auto-started midi playing at full volume and
> several animated gifs, such as dancing cows, if you want a true
> classic .

I *must* remember this one too! <g>

--
dorayme

Ari Heino

cwdjrxyz kirjoitti seuraavasti:
> And be sure to include an auto-started midi playing at full volume and
> several animated gifs, such as dancing cows, if you want a true
> classic .

.... and text going from edge to edge, cut to small vertical chunks by
hr-elements or blinking Christmas decoration gif separators

--
Ari
http://users.utu.fi/athein/

Roy A.

On 22 Mar, 18:19, Imda14u <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a frameset of two rows.
> the second frame is a frameset of two columns.

You should forget about framesets and start learning web 2.0.
Framesets is not working, you can still right click and bookmark any
frames you want. Framesets won't slow down your pages to much and it
will work in most browsers. Web 2.0 is the future, but if you want a
tableless design, framesets is a good alternative.

Jani

On 22 Mrz., 21:05, Imda14u <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> dorayme schreef:
>
> > In article <49c67333$0$184$(E-Mail Removed)4all.nl>,
> > *Imda14u <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >> Hi all,

> >> I have a frameset of two rows.

> >> the second frame is a frameset of two columns.

> >> Now, i have a hyperlink in the first row of the top frame.
> >> When i click the hyperlink, i want to load two files in the frames the
> >> second frameset.

> > Make the hyperlink go to a new prepared frameset, which has the same top
> > frame but a different lower frameset. The lower frameset will have its
> > own two frames and you prepare the changes to the these two latter
> > frames.

> > Post a URL for further details. Please try to use a proper doctype for
> > your framesets and validate as best as you can. Use a proper doctype to
> > the frames themselves and validate these two.

> > If you cannot get to do what you want after this, you will get every
> > kind of help from me because I like seeing framed sites like I like
> > seeing old cars on the road, even ones that manage to keep going in
> > spite of every possible disadvantage (a sight that makes more modern
> > drivers shake their heads and tut tut away).

> Yes, of course.
>
> i was looking for some javascript snippet using parent and all that, but
> your suggestions is frankly much more straightforward.
> Thanks a lot.
>
> Sybolt

Wait - just for completness ... I theef it from german's selfhtml.org:
http://www.validome.org/doc/HTML_ge/...zweiframes.htm

I did not think about it at all.
I just used 'search&replace' in DW to change it to english

<head>
<title>Changing two Frames simultaniously</title>
</head>
<frameset cols="180,*">
<frame src="twoframes_left.htm" name="left">
<frameset rows="180,*">
<frame src="twoframes_to.htm" name="top">
<frame src="twoframes_tu.htm" name="bottom">
</frameset>

<head>
<title>Two frames - Links</title>
<script type="text/javascript">
function ChangeFrame (URI, Framename) {
parent[Framename].location.href = URI;
}

function TwoFramesBack (Framename1, Framename2) {
Frame2 = parent[Framename2];
parent[Framename1].history.back();
if (!window.opera)
window.setTimeout("Frame2.history.back()", 100);
}

function TwoFramesForward (Framename1, Framename2) {
Frame2 = parent[Framename2];
parent[Framename1].history.forward();
if (!window.opera)
window.setTimeout("Frame2.history.forward()", 100);
}
</script>
</head>
alink="#000000">