Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Laptop won't turn on

Laptop won't turn on

hwf

Atlas Shrugged wrote:
> My son is desperate for help. He has a paper due at school but this HP
> Pavilion laptop won't turn on this morning. It was working last night. It
> won't turn on with the power cord plugged in or out. Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks.

You might try a lawsuit.

HTH

--
http://www.palindeception.com/
http://palinpics4truth.blogspot.com

Atlas Shrugged

"Leythos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> In article <gq5kk8$q2p$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
> says...
>>
>> My son is desperate for help. He has a paper due at school but this HP
>> Pavilion laptop won't turn on this morning. It was working last night.
>> It
>> won't turn on with the power cord plugged in or out. Any suggestions?

> Remove the battery, disconnect the AC power also, wait 1 minute, press
> the power button and hold it for 20 seconds, release the power button.
> Connect the AC power, leave battery out, press power button like you
> would to start it - if that doesn't work, call HP. If it does work, put
> batter back in laptop.
>
> --
> - Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum.
> - Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented worker" is like calling a
> drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"
> (E-Mail Removed) (remove 999 for proper email address)

I sent him your comments and he said it didn't work. I'll have him bring it
to a repair shop.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Atlas Shrugged

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sun, 22 Mar 2009 11:14:14 -0400, "Atlas Shrugged"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>My son is desperate for help. He has a paper due at school but this HP
>>Pavilion laptop won't turn on this morning. It was working last night.
>>It
>>won't turn on with the power cord plugged in or out. Any suggestions?

> Not a lot of information to go on.. Try a different power cord. Try a
> different battery. If neither of those work, don't believe there's
> much else you can try.
>
> On POSSIBLE idea if neither of the above work - take out battery and
> unplug it from power. Hold down power button for 30 seconds to a
> minute. This MAY clear out your BIOS, so you'd need to go back in and
> configure the BIOS again, but this is more of a last resort.

He tried it and it doesn't work. I'll have him bring it to a repair shop.
Thanks for your help.

Atlas Shrugged

"doS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:UWBxl.49861$(E-Mail Removed)...
> what model is it,is it a DV model.... there is an issue with some HP
> laptops, a friend of mine had to have the mobo replaced. there is an
> extended warranty HP gave for this issue
>

> "Atlas Shrugged" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:gq5kk8$q2p$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> My son is desperate for help. He has a paper due at school but this HP
>> Pavilion laptop won't turn on this morning. It was working last night.
>> It won't turn on with the power cord plugged in or out. Any suggestions?
>>
>> Thanks.

It's not one of those models. It's a 58xx model, 3 years old.

larrylaundry@yahoo.com

Atlas Shrugged wrote:
> "philo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > "Atlas Shrugged" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:gq5kk8$q2p$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >>
> >> My son is desperate for help. He has a paper due at school but this HP
> >> Pavilion laptop won't turn on this morning. It was working last night.
> >> It won't turn on with the power cord plugged in or out. Any suggestions?
> >>
> >> Thanks.
> >>

> > Have him take it to a repair shop
> > and let him do his paper from the machine you are posting from
> >

> Hard to do. He's at school in his dorm.

Surely they would consider unforeseen problems, if he made the issue
known.

Drugs? was he hinting at money?

Sorry, just a thought