Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Unlikely differences between design time and run time.

Unlikely differences between design time and run time.

Tzury Bar Yochay

Hello,

I am facing a very serious problem during development of
a new web application.

When I a value for a property (Button.Text for example)
is assigned at run time (via code execution) and the
value is in Hebrew, Everything is fine. no matter where
this value came from either by retriving it from databse
or by writing it as constant in the code.
BUT, when I define that value at the design time in the
Properies Sheet, even though I see it correctly on the
IDE. running the application from IE show unclear
characters.

I tried the code page and all his friends. but with no
help.

It must be somthing with the unicode definition and
supporting at the new VStudio.

Please help me for I must upload that site asap.
Thanks - tzury

Jacob Yang [MSFT]

Hi Tzury,

Thank you for posting to the MSDN newsgroups.

Please select View -> Encoding->Unicode (UTF- in IE and test this issue
again. I am not familiar with Hebrew but I have tested it with Chinese. It
works on my side. I am using Windows XP Pro SP1 English/VS.NET 2003
English/IE 6 SP1.

I hope it helps.

Best regards,

Jacob Yang
Microsoft Online Partner Support
Get Secure! C www.microsoft.com/security

tzury Bar Yochay

Dear Jacob,

Be sure I tried those ways before aproaching the forums.
Anyway, Thank you verymuch for your time.

Tzury

Jacob Yang [MSFT]

Hi Tzury,

I have done more research regarding this issue and would like to share the
following information with you.

By default, .NET usually outputs contents in UTF-8 encoding format. If you
want to work with Hebrew language, you should either set the
responseEncoding property in web.config file to a Hebrew charset, or add a
page directive to do the same, then save the .aspx page with the
appropriate Hebrew encoding.

As for the supported codepage and charset, please check the URL below:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...us/act/htm/act
ml_ref_scpg.asp
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...thor/dhtml/ref
erence/charsets/charset4.asp