Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Remote access to a DVR

Remote access to a DVR

G. Morgan

John wrote:

>The DVR is a DVR365 from SystemQ Ltd.

Did you setup port forwarding in your router yet?

John

"G. Morgan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) alid...
> John wrote:
>

>>The DVR is a DVR365 from SystemQ Ltd.

> Did you setup port forwarding in your router yet?

It does state that in the first post.

I have since put a web server on one of the LAN PC's (KF web server) and I
can port forward through to it, by using the IP address and the port. This
would point to the DVR, but if I alter the service port on the DVR, I cannot
access it on the LAN unless I alter the LAN software as well, which
indicates the DVR is ok. So basically still puzzled!

G. Morgan

John wrote:

>"G. Morgan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed) valid...
>> John wrote:
>>

>>>The DVR is a DVR365 from SystemQ Ltd.

>> Did you setup port forwarding in your router yet?
>>

>It does state that in the first post.

It says something about a "virtual server", that is not the terminology I
would have used.

>I have since put a web server on one of the LAN PC's (KF web server) and I
>can port forward through to it, by using the IP address and the port.

What do you mean "port forward through to it?" What port is the web server on
- because it is not port 80 on your IP of 86.27.138.224. Also, port 37777 is
closed -- is that the one configured in the DVR's setup page?

> This
>would point to the DVR, but if I alter the service port on the DVR, I cannot
>access it on the LAN unless I alter the LAN software as well, which
>indicates the DVR is ok. So basically still puzzled!

You're skipping a whole lot of details. Please be very specific.

I'm not convinced you have port forwarding setup correctly. Please post some
screen shots of your router config, port-forwarding section. I use
tinypic.com because it's fast to upload pics.

why?

On Tue, 24 Mar 2009 20:46:38 -0000, John wrote:

>"G. Morgan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed) valid...
>> John wrote:
>>

>>>The DVR is a DVR365 from SystemQ Ltd.

>> Did you setup port forwarding in your router yet?
>>

>It does state that in the first post.
>
>I have since put a web server on one of the LAN PC's (KF web server) and I
>can port forward through to it, by using the IP address and the port. This

Hopefully using the IP of the PC to some port on the PC

>would point to the DVR, but if I alter the service port on the DVR, I cannot

Why change the service port on the DVR? There wouldn't appear to be
anything wrong with it. You didn't say what you changed from / to. Nor
did you say what port KF was running on.

So if the DVR is off, KF is pretending to be on the same port as the DVR
all you have to do is turn off KF, turn on the DVR and change the IP in
port forwarding on the router from the PC to the DVR leaving the port
the same.

Then again, does the DVR use a different outgoing port then the
incoming?

>access it on the LAN unless I alter the LAN software as well, which

What LAN software and what changes.....

>indicates the DVR is ok. So basically still puzzled!

.... no detail is more of a puzzle than anything else.

Me

G. Morgan

why? wrote:

>... no detail is more of a puzzle than anything else.

Yep.