Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Blank line....painful

Blank line....painful

Awful Dog Autry

On 18 Mar 2009, Kiran Makam <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On Mar 19, 9:01*am, Clayburn <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> I just checked it in IE and it's fine. *The problem occurs in
>> Firefox. *It's not that noticeable. *They've had it the same for two
>> years and nobody's said anything. *But it just really annoys me and
>> I'd like to fix it if I can. *It's just a light break in the images of
>> the trees, just below the animated logo.

> Your logo swf height is 134px but the TD containing the swf is having
> a rendered height of 138px. May be spaces between tags inside TD is
> causing this extra height. Remove space between embed and closing
> object tag
> -------
> <embed....></object>
> --------
> If this does not help remove all spaces between tags inside TD and
> try.
>
> - Kiran Makam

That did it, but strange, when I looked at it in ff Web Developer tool,
the closing embed tag was missing and it was in the source. Can't figure
that one.

--
Awful Dog Autry

Clayburn

On Mar 19, 1:46*am, Awful Dog Autry <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 18 Mar 2009, Kiran Makam <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

> > On Mar 19, 9:01*am, Clayburn <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >> I just checked it in IE and it's fine. *The problem occurs in
> >> Firefox. *It's not that noticeable. *They've had it the same for two
> >> years and nobody's said anything. *But it just really annoys me and
> >> I'd like to fix it if I can. *It's just a light break in the images of
> >> the trees, just below the animated logo.

> > Your logo swf height is 134px but the TD containing the swf is having
> > a rendered height of 138px. May be spaces between tags inside TD is
> > causing this extra height. Remove space between embed and closing
> > object tag
> > -------
> > <embed....></object>
> > --------
> > If this does not help remove all spaces between tags inside TD and
> > try.

> > - Kiran Makam

> That did it, but strange, when I looked at it in ff Web Developer tool,
> the closing embed tag was missing and it was in the source. Can't figure
> that one.
>
> --
> Awful Dog Autry

Well, I deleted the template element that was the logo. Hope that
doesn't screw anything up. I just removed the Template beginning and
ending tags for the logo, and deleted the whitespace between the </
embed> </object> and </td>. I don't think it matters that the logo is
no longer editable space since it appears the same on every page
anyway. But yeah, I think it's fixed. If anyonoe else notices any
problems or things I should fix, please let me know. I'll be
designing a new site, but in the meantime I need to optimize the
current one as best as I can.

Thanks for the help.

Nicole

Clayburn wrote:

> Check it out here: http://www.gelbcenter.com/pages/home.htm

I have Firefox.
Yes, it is ugly.

To find out what is wrong, you can try 3 ways:

1) very low hope:
Try setting in CSS - please check the correct syntax - like:
table-collapse-border:collapse;

2) high hope, low time:
Go in FF with the mouse above your elements and try "inspect element".
With this information you take away what you see.
e.g. "scroll" with the background-image and others.
Try until the problem is gone

3) sure way, long time:
backup the site and take every element away until the lines are gone.

And:
I love your site!!

Nicole,
http://TigerTradingClub.com