Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Stuff I never thought about much....

Re: Stuff I never thought about much....

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

Jeff Wisnia <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I've been using the internet for longer than I can remember, but I don't
>think I ever gave serious thought to just how the signals are
>transmitted around the world.
>
>When I read this recent Popular Science magazine article I was shocked,
>schocked to learn how many undersea fiber optic cables are employed to
>carry internet traffic and how often they are damaged and require repair.
>
>Hope you enjoy this one as much as I did:
>
>http://www.popsci.com/scitech/articl...otects-intrnet

Link is huge thus the tinyurl

But double click on the second map of the article
http://tinyurl.com/d5wsmm

There's a larger map out there.
--

NYC Sitcom Map