Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > I made some art. Where do I pickup the check?

I made some art. Where do I pickup the check?

G. Morgan

I made some super-dooper art today on a whim. You see, I'm not even an artist
(or even a photographer) "per-se". I think you will see the huge potential my
art has.

Here is my art:
http://www.imagebam.com/image/6c8a2330097575

Of course, I would be interested in selling or licensing my art if the price
is right. How much would you say the art linked above would fetch? I know
I'm not going to retire based on the revenue on this piece of art alone, I'm
not naive. I know I will have to take at least 4 or 5 more good art pictures
like this one to get rich.

OldGringo

Two Cents To The G. Morgan Post:
> I made some super-dooper art today on a whim. You see, I'm not even an artist
> (or even a photographer) "per-se". I think you will see the huge potential my
> art has.
>
> Here is my art:
> http://www.imagebam.com/image/6c8a2330097575
>
> Of course, I would be interested in selling or licensing my art if the price
> is right. How much would you say the art linked above would fetch? I know
> I'm not going to retire based on the revenue on this piece of art alone, I'm
> not naive. I know I will have to take at least 4 or 5 more good art pictures
> like this one to get rich.

Fantastic, I do the same with Pecan Pie. <g>

--
Old Gringo
Just West Of Nowhere

doS

ebay this, i see jesus...

"G. Morgan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) alid...
>I made some super-dooper art today on a whim. You see, I'm not even an
>artist
> (or even a photographer) "per-se". I think you will see the huge
> potential my
> art has.
>
> Here is my art:
> http://www.imagebam.com/image/6c8a2330097575
>
> Of course, I would be interested in selling or licensing my art if the
> price
> is right. How much would you say the art linked above would fetch? I
> know
> I'm not going to retire based on the revenue on this piece of art alone,
> I'm
> not naive. I know I will have to take at least 4 or 5 more good art
> pictures
> like this one to get rich.

K W Hart

"G. Morgan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) alid...
>I made some super-dooper art today on a whim. You see, I'm not even an
>artist
> (or even a photographer) "per-se". I think you will see the huge
> potential my
> art has.
>
> Here is my art:
> http://www.imagebam.com/image/6c8a2330097575
>
> Of course, I would be interested in selling or licensing my art if the
> price
> is right. How much would you say the art linked above would fetch? I
> know
> I'm not going to retire based on the revenue on this piece of art alone,
> I'm
> not naive. I know I will have to take at least 4 or 5 more good art
> pictures
> like this one to get rich.

I think you made a mistake in the URL. All I saw was a snapshot of a
partially eaten pie.

FWIW, "Art" is generally something that is memorable or causes an emotional
response. Some examples of photographic art might be a group of soldiers
raising a flag, a fireman holding an injured infant that he carried from a
bombed federal building, or a jet flying into a scapescraper in NYC on a
September morning. Evoking a completely different emotional response might
be a picture of a beautiful woman standing over a sidewalk vent with her
dress being blown up around her, or a homecoming sailer kissing a woman on
the street. There are many other examples.

Just a slight suggestion: very few works of photographic art have a camera's
date code on them. Also there is something on the left (leaf, shadow?) that
is distracting. Additionally, the top edge corner where the table falls away
at an angle is distracting. The closest "art" that I can think of which
compares to your's would be a Warhol painting (the soup can). If you are
attempting to play off of that style, the pie should be centered and the
background flat and even to the edge.

Try going to the library and looking at some published "art". Glance at it
and note any feelings or emotions it evokes. Then analyse it and determine
what it is about the art that causes that feeling.

Jm

"K W Hart" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:7Vewl.1012$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "G. Morgan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) alid...
>>I made some super-dooper art today on a whim. You see, I'm not even an
>>artist
>> (or even a photographer) "per-se". I think you will see the huge
>> potential my
>> art has.
>>
>> Here is my art:
>> http://www.imagebam.com/image/6c8a2330097575
>>
>> Of course, I would be interested in selling or licensing my art if the
>> price
>> is right. How much would you say the art linked above would fetch? I
>> know
>> I'm not going to retire based on the revenue on this piece of art alone,
>> I'm
>> not naive. I know I will have to take at least 4 or 5 more good art
>> pictures
>> like this one to get rich.
>>

> I think you made a mistake in the URL. All I saw was a snapshot of a
> partially eaten pie.
>
> FWIW

<SNIP>

Jeeeez, everybodys a critic! ;~)

G. Morgan

K W Hart wrote:

>I think you made a mistake in the URL. All I saw was a snapshot of a
>partially eaten pie.

No, that was it.

>FWIW, "Art" is generally something that is memorable or causes an emotional
>response. Some examples of photographic art might be a group of soldiers
>raising a flag, a fireman holding an injured infant that he carried from a
>bombed federal building, or a jet flying into a scapescraper in NYC on a
>September morning. Evoking a completely different emotional response might
>be a picture of a beautiful woman standing over a sidewalk vent with her
>dress being blown up around her, or a homecoming sailer kissing a woman on
>the street. There are many other examples.

I agree that all those are a form of art. Your examples are mostly
journalistic types of art. My art makes you think. It's a thinking man's
art.

>Just a slight suggestion: very few works of photographic art have a camera's
>date code on them.

That was a mistake, agreed.

>Also there is something on the left (leaf, shadow?) that
>is distracting.

It's there on purpose. I carried the pie over there specifically for the
leaves, they subtlety add a nature aspect which the eye is drawn to and makes
you wonder about those leaves. "What kind of plant might that be?" - is
something a thinking man would start wondering. There are hundreds of
questions one might ask like, "I wonder who ate that pie?" and "I wonder if
that pie was eaten in one sitting?" and of course, "What kind of pie *was*
that anyway?"

> Additionally, the top edge corner where the table falls away
>at an angle is distracting.

I find it breaks up the linear geometry and adds a level of spatial depth.
Again, done purposefully.

>The closest "art" that I can think of which
>compares to your's would be a Warhol painting (the soup can). If you are
>attempting to play off of that style, the pie should be centered and the
>background flat and even to the edge.

I had one similar to that, but it didn't make the cut. Here is that one:

http://www.imagebam.com/image/a8b66f30107315

Maybe you like that one better.

>Try going to the library and looking at some published "art". Glance at it
>and note any feelings or emotions it evokes. Then analyse it and determine
>what it is about the art that causes that feeling.

Yes, I will. Thank you for the feedback.

G. Morgan

Jm wrote:

>Well it certainly stirred an emotional response in me .... a feeling of
>overwhelming sadness came over me, that whoever ate that pie clearly did not
>appreciate the BEST part of the pie, leaving it behind .... THE CRUST !!!

Interesting. As a blossoming artist, I enjoy hearing about the emotions my
art invokes.

Clot

G. Morgan wrote:
> Jm wrote:
>
>> Well it certainly stirred an emotional response in me .... a feeling
>> of overwhelming sadness came over me, that whoever ate that pie
>> clearly did not appreciate the BEST part of the pie, leaving it
>> behind .... THE CRUST !!!

> Interesting. As a blossoming artist, I enjoy hearing about the
> emotions my art invokes.

Extremely well done. I wonder if KHW appreciates the dimension that you are
working in.

Mike Yetto

Bada bing K W Hart <(E-Mail Removed)> bada bang:

> "G. Morgan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) alid...
>>I made some super-dooper art today on a whim. You see, I'm not even an
>>artist
>> (or even a photographer) "per-se". I think you will see the huge
>> potential my
>> art has.
>>
>> Here is my art:
>> http://www.imagebam.com/image/6c8a2330097575
>>
>> Of course, I would be interested in selling or licensing my art if the
>> price
>> is right. How much would you say the art linked above would fetch? I
>> know
>> I'm not going to retire based on the revenue on this piece of art alone,
>> I'm
>> not naive. I know I will have to take at least 4 or 5 more good art
>> pictures
>> like this one to get rich.
>>

> I think you made a mistake in the URL. All I saw was a snapshot of a
> partially eaten pie.
>
> FWIW, "Art" is generally something that is memorable or causes an emotional
> response.

After a couple of years discussing this topic with classmates in
college, we determined that "Art" is just a man's name.

Mike "an artist, with papers to prove it" Yetto
--
Pluralitas non est ponenda sine necessitas.
- William of Ockham

chuckcar

G. Morgan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed) alid:

> I made some super-dooper art today on a whim. You see, I'm not even an
> artist (or even a photographer) "per-se". I think you will see the huge
> potential my art has.
>
> Here is my art:
> http://www.imagebam.com/image/6c8a2330097575
>
> Of course, I would be interested in selling or licensing my art if the
> price is right. How much would you say the art linked above would
> fetch? I know I'm not going to retire based on the revenue on this
> piece of art alone, I'm not naive. I know I will have to take at least
> 4 or 5 more good art pictures like this one to get rich.

Sorry, no dice. You made the mistakes of 1. Posting it on the web which if
you could afford a *real* expensive lawyer you might be able to show was
*not* an intent to release into the PD and 2. You put in on a site which
doesn't disable the right-click save as in a browser thereby insuring it's
PD. 3. We have no interest in paying for "artwork" which would make Modern
artists fall off of their chair in hysterical laughter.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )