Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Picassa

Picassa

thedarkman

A while ago I downloaded the Microsoft free Picassa program and was
able to rotate jpgs by a degree with it. Now for some reason I can
only rotate by 90 degrees. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong or
point me in the direction of a program that can do this?

Thanks

Chris F.A. Johnson

On 2009-03-18, thedarkman wrote:
> A while ago I downloaded the Microsoft free Picassa program and was
> able to rotate jpgs by a degree with it. Now for some reason I can
> only rotate by 90 degrees. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong or
> point me in the direction of a program that can do this?

I use convert from ImageMagick.

Author:

Amos

PhotoFiltre allows simple incremental rotation of bitmap images ...

Cheers,
Amos
On 2009-03-18, thedarkman wrote:
> A while ago I downloaded the Microsoft free Picassa program and was
> able to rotate jpgs by a degree with it. Now for some reason I can
> only rotate by 90 degrees. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong or
> point me in the direction of a program that can do this?

I use convert from ImageMagick.

Author:

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

In alt.html, thedarkman wrote:

> A while ago I downloaded the Microsoft free Picassa program...

Oh &deity;! Has Microsoft stolen that program too?

(Try The Gimp.)

--
-bts

Raymond Schmit

On Wed, 18 Mar 2009 12:53:54 -0700 (PDT), thedarkman
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>A while ago I downloaded the Microsoft free Picassa program and was
>able to rotate jpgs by a degree with it. Now for some reason I can
>only rotate by 90 degrees. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong or
>point me in the direction of a program that can do this?

Irfanview -> rotation by X degrees ... (0.01 degree precision)

Tim

thedarkman wrote:
> A while ago I downloaded the Microsoft free Picassa program and was
> able to rotate jpgs by a degree with it. Now for some reason I can
> only rotate by 90 degrees. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong or
> point me in the direction of a program that can do this?
>
> Thanks

Picasa is a Google program, not a Microsoft one. I suspect that you were
using some other program to rotate by degrees, maybe a Microsoft one. Picasa
only does 90 degree rotations. To do nearly any editing, Picasa opens an
external program. It would be that external program, probably the one that
is associated with JPGs on your computer, that does rotation by smaller
amounts.

--
Tim

56andf

In Picasa v 3 the next icon to "Crop" is "Straighten"

>A while ago I downloaded the Microsoft free Picassa program and was
> able to rotate jpgs by a degree with it. Now for some reason I can
> only rotate by 90 degrees. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong or
> point me in the direction of a program that can do this?
>
> Thanks

Craig

On 3/18/2009 7:11 PM, 56andf wrote:

>> A while ago I downloaded the Microsoft free Picassa program and was
>> able to rotate jpgs by a degree with it. Now for some reason I can
>> only rotate by 90 degrees. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong or
>> point me in the direction of a program that can do this?
>>
>> Thanks

> In Picasa v 3 the next icon to "Crop" is "Straighten"

Yup. Works for me.

-Craig

Ari Heino

Tim kirjoitti seuraavasti:
> Picasa
> only does 90 degree rotations. To do nearly any editing,

Nope. There is a function to rotate by any angle.

--
Ari
http://users.utu.fi/athein/

thedarkman

I stand corrected, it was indeed Irfan I used; I must be going senile
in my old age. Thanks, it works a treat.

On 18 Mar, 23:20, (E-Mail Removed) (Raymond Schmit) wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Mar 2009 12:53:54 -0700 (PDT), thedarkman
>
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >A while ago I downloaded the Microsoft free Picassa program and was
> >able to rotate jpgs by a degree with it. Now for some reason I can
> >only rotate by 90 degrees. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong or
> >point me in the direction of a program that can do this?

> Irfanview -> rotation by X degrees ... (0.01 degree precision)

Problem with Picassa theview1@verizon.net Digital Photography 5 01-17-2007 10:46 AM
Convert iphoto libraries to picassa Guy Noir Digital Photography 0 11-17-2006 08:08 PM
Picassa question bluezfolk Digital Photography 13 09-25-2006 07:54 AM
Picassa ? Al Dykes Digital Photography 5 02-21-2006 11:35 PM
Picassa to ?? Larry Digital Photography 5 01-19-2006 03:34 PM

Advertisments