Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > firefox 3.1

Reply
Thread Tools

firefox 3.1

 
 
D.
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-18-2009
has anyone used FF 3.1 and if so ,
what do you think of it ?
D>


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Ken
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-18-2009
On Wed, 18 Mar 2009 14:40:46 -0400, "D." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> has anyone used FF 3.1 and if so ,
> what do you think of it ?
> D>


Next Firefox is version 3.5
https://developer.mozilla.org/En/Fir...for_developers

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
D.
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-18-2009
i appreciate the info but what about my question ?
D.





"Ken" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Wed, 18 Mar 2009 14:40:46 -0400, "D." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> has anyone used FF 3.1 and if so ,
>> what do you think of it ?
>> D>

>
> Next Firefox is version 3.5
> https://developer.mozilla.org/En/Fir...for_developers
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
D.
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-18-2009
i'll answer my own question .
i see NOTHING different from 3.0.7 !
D.
"Ken" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Wed, 18 Mar 2009 14:40:46 -0400, "D." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> has anyone used FF 3.1 and if so ,
>> what do you think of it ?
>> D>

>
> Next Firefox is version 3.5
> https://developer.mozilla.org/En/Fir...for_developers
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
johnn
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-18-2009
On Wed, 18 Mar 2009 20:49:19 +0100, Ken <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:


>Next Firefox is version 3.5
>

Probably a dumb question: Why the jump from 3.0 to 3.5?

Simplistic me would have thought that after3.0.7 we'd have
3.0.8 if a minor update,
3.1.0 or just 3.1 if a relatively major update, or
4.0.0 or just 4.0 if a major major update.

What's the thinking?


_________________________
John
_________________________

"God is dead"
-- Nietzsche (1844-1900)
"Nietzsche is dead"
-- God
 
Reply With Quote
 
D.
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-18-2009
simplistic INDEED !
D.
"johnn" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Wed, 18 Mar 2009 20:49:19 +0100, Ken <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>
>>Next Firefox is version 3.5
>>

> Probably a dumb question: Why the jump from 3.0 to 3.5?
>
> Simplistic me would have thought that after3.0.7 we'd have
> 3.0.8 if a minor update,
> 3.1.0 or just 3.1 if a relatively major update, or
> 4.0.0 or just 4.0 if a major major update.
>
> What's the thinking?
>
>
> _________________________
> John
> _________________________
>
> "God is dead"
> -- Nietzsche (1844-1900)
> "Nietzsche is dead"
> -- God



 
Reply With Quote
 
Rom
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-19-2009
On Wed, 18 Mar 2009 14:40:46 -0400, D. wrote:

> has anyone used FF 3.1 and if so ,
> what do you think of it ?


I have a Fx 3.1b3 portable and can see quite a few UI changes, many I
don't care about while a couple will save me using one add-on and css.

A few changes I like are the tab bar always showing /by default/
instead of auto-hiding; finally has a new tab button on the tab bar
after the (rightmost) tab; Bookmarks and History sidebar and Downloads
search boxes are now consistent with the Library search box in having
a search/clear button; multiple bookmark tagging is now possible in
the Library.

Other changes I don't care about are the Location bar now doesn't
drop-down unless searching bookmarks/history; Tools > Options >
Privacy, under History can change what the Location bar suggests;
Clear Private Data has been changed to Clear Recent History and from
the Tools menu it has options of what/how much to clear; and there's a
Private Browsing mode on the Tools menu.

While I still don't like some things and changes in Fx 3.x and (need
to) use more add-ons and customisations, Fx 3.1b3 doesn't seem to have
many improvements/changes I'm interested in.

--
Rom
 
Reply With Quote
 
Rom
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-19-2009
On Wed, 18 Mar 2009 19:31:36 -0400, johnn wrote:

> Probably a dumb question: Why the jump from 3.0 to 3.5?


<http://mozillalinks.org/wp/2009/03/next-firefox-version-bumped-to-35-another-beta-to-come/>

--
Rom
 
Reply With Quote
 
johnn
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-19-2009
," D.":

As it was so well expresed in an earlier post in this thread:
" i appreciate the info but what about my question ?"

I really wasn't looking for comments.

On Wed, 18 Mar 2009 19:52:57 -0400, "D." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>simplistic INDEED !



_________________________
John
_________________________

"God is dead"
-- Nietzsche (1844-1900)
"Nietzsche is dead"
-- God
 
Reply With Quote
 
johnn
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-19-2009
On Thu, 19 Mar 2009 11:16:05 +1100, Rom <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Wed, 18 Mar 2009 19:31:36 -0400, johnn wrote:
>
>> Probably a dumb question: Why the jump from 3.0 to 3.5?

>
><http://mozillalinks.org/wp/2009/03/next-firefox-version-bumped-to-35-another-beta-to-come/>


Thank you, Rom.
At least some people know how to read (the question) and give an
answer.

Thanks again!

_________________________
John
_________________________

"God is dead"
-- Nietzsche (1844-1900)
"Nietzsche is dead"
-- God
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can Firefox 1.5 be installed along side Firefox 1.0.6? Zygon Curry Firefox 6 09-14-2005 11:28 AM
Firefox/Linux import bookmarks from Firefox/Windows? Marek Williams Firefox 2 06-11-2005 04:22 PM
Yahoo! Toolbar Beta for Firefox - Not Compatible with Firefox 1.0.2? NA Firefox 6 04-02-2005 06:13 PM
Firefox gamed - Drudge getting around Firefox popup blocker Venger Firefox 10 12-22-2004 04:37 AM
so what does IE or any of the IE shells have over firefox ? (any anti firefox ppl bother looking at recent plugins available?) *ProteanThread* Firefox 12 10-20-2004 08:31 AM



Advertisments