Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Stop a Sound

Stop a Sound

The Stone Crusher

Thank you for the positive suggestion. I didn't think 98, XP & Vista were
that different as far as imbedded computer sounds. By the way, I noticed
how your superior intelligence and understanding is obvious. Feed your ego!

"Ricky Bobby" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:gprdlr$pnl$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "The Stone Crusher" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:49c131ef$0$5931$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> In the 'sound schemes' I have selected 'no sounds'. Only when I try to
>> adjust the volume slider do I get a beep. How do I stop it?
>> Goodwill,
>> Luke
>>

> One wonders if it might be somewhat helpful to mention what program and
> operating system the query applies to, eh?
>
> On the other hand, it may just be that you prefer to just advertise how
> stupid you are.
>
> Hard to know, I guess...

The Stone Crusher

You are right! I should have mentioned XP. That sounds like a simple and
effective way to handle it.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Wed, 18 Mar 2009 13:39:52 -0500, "The Stone Crusher"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>In the 'sound schemes' I have selected 'no sounds'. Only when I try to
>>adjust the volume slider do I get a beep. How do I stop it?

> Assuming this is XP or some for of Windows, you don't.
>
> If you adjust the volume, how are you going to know what you're
> adjusting it to?
>
> Simple solution: Check the mute box. Adjust slider. Uncheck Mute.

The Stone Crusher

I will try the first suggestion of working with the mute check box. If that
is not satisfactory then I will follow your suggestion. Many thanks.
Luke
"83LowRider" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:gprivo$bml$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "The Stone Crusher" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:49c131ef$0$5931$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> In the 'sound schemes' I have selected 'no sounds'. Only when I try to
>> adjust the volume slider do I get a beep. How do I stop it?
>> Goodwill,
>> Luke

> Delete the 'ding' wav file?
> Unplug your speakers?

The Stone Crusher

Sorry I was not clear. I turned off all the MS sounds. Thank you for
taking the time to respond. I will be following the two previous emails.
Luke

news:gprksc$s1m$(E-Mail Removed)...