Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Offline

Offline

Charlie Russel - MVP

Hey, folks. I'll be offline for the next week or so, getting a hardware
upgrade. Have fun while I'm gone, and I'll give you a full report when I'm
back.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

Carlos

Hmmm... I wonder what that "hardware upgrade" is going to be.
Disks in RAID 157? Intel i99 at 3.0 Terahertz an 5 Terabytes RAM?
Seriously speaking I will also be sort of unplugged for two weeks until I
settle down.
Will start next week during Monday's night to teach Principles of Computer
Science in Chemical Engineering career. I will spread the 64-bit faith among
them!!!
Carlos
P.S.: Best of luck with your upgrades. We will be here to support you.

"Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:

> Hey, folks. I'll be offline for the next week or so, getting a hardware
> upgrade. Have fun while I'm gone, and I'll give you a full report when I'm
> back.
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

Charlie Russel - MVP

The hardware upgrade was personal. Total knee replacement.

Back home, but still pretty medicated.

The course sounds good. I like it.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hmmm... I wonder what that "hardware upgrade" is going to be.
> Disks in RAID 157? Intel i99 at 3.0 Terahertz an 5 Terabytes RAM?
> Seriously speaking I will also be sort of unplugged for two weeks until I
> settle down.
> Will start next week during Monday's night to teach Principles of Computer
> Science in Chemical Engineering career. I will spread the 64-bit faith
> among
> them!!!
> Carlos
> P.S.: Best of luck with your upgrades. We will be here to support you.
>
> "Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:
>
>> Hey, folks. I'll be offline for the next week or so, getting a hardware
>> upgrade. Have fun while I'm gone, and I'll give you a full report when
>> I'm
>> back.
>>
>> --
>> Charlie.
>> http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

XS11E

"Charlie Russel - MVP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> The hardware upgrade was personal. Total knee replacement.
>
> Back home, but still pretty medicated.

Save the good stuff for when you're feeling good and can better
appreciate it! <G>

So when will we see you on "Dancing With the Stars?"

The Usenet Improvement Project:
http://improve-usenet.org

David B. Mathews

I had that upgrade about a 1 1/2 yrs. ago. Went under the knife on Aug.
27th 07 and was back to work on Sept. 27th. I live in a bi-level in which I
have to go up 13 steps all the time to ground and have for 29 yrs. Had
therapy for week and half and by then I could walk 6 blocks with cane over
the shoulder. Do your exercises and you'll heal quickly.
===================
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The hardware upgrade was personal. Total knee replacement.
>
> Back home, but still pretty medicated.
>
> The course sounds good. I like it.
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hmmm... I wonder what that "hardware upgrade" is going to be.
>> Disks in RAID 157? Intel i99 at 3.0 Terahertz an 5 Terabytes RAM?
>> Seriously speaking I will also be sort of unplugged for two weeks until I
>> settle down.
>> Will start next week during Monday's night to teach Principles of
>> Computer
>> Science in Chemical Engineering career. I will spread the 64-bit faith
>> among
>> them!!!
>> Carlos
>> P.S.: Best of luck with your upgrades. We will be here to support you.
>>
>> "Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:
>>
>>> Hey, folks. I'll be offline for the next week or so, getting a hardware
>>> upgrade. Have fun while I'm gone, and I'll give you a full report when
>>> I'm
>>> back.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Charlie.
>>> http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

Charlie Russel - MVP

So they tell me. Right now, hard to imagine, but we'll get there somehow.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

"David B. Mathews" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> I had that upgrade about a 1 1/2 yrs. ago. Went under the knife on Aug.
> 27th 07 and was back to work on Sept. 27th. I live in a bi-level in which
> I have to go up 13 steps all the time to ground and have for 29 yrs. Had
> therapy for week and half and by then I could walk 6 blocks with cane
> over the shoulder. Do your exercises and you'll heal quickly.
> ===================
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> The hardware upgrade was personal. Total knee replacement.
>>
>> Back home, but still pretty medicated.
>>
>> The course sounds good. I like it.
>>
>> --
>> Charlie.
>> http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Hmmm... I wonder what that "hardware upgrade" is going to be.
>>> Disks in RAID 157? Intel i99 at 3.0 Terahertz an 5 Terabytes RAM?
>>> Seriously speaking I will also be sort of unplugged for two weeks until
>>> settle down.
>>> Will start next week during Monday's night to teach Principles of
>>> Computer
>>> Science in Chemical Engineering career. I will spread the 64-bit faith
>>> among
>>> them!!!
>>> Carlos
>>> P.S.: Best of luck with your upgrades. We will be here to support you.

Charlie Russel - MVP

Dancing with the Stars isn't likely, but the goal is to be kayaking this
summer.

--

"XS11E" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> "Charlie Russel - MVP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> The hardware upgrade was personal. Total knee replacement.
>>
>> Back home, but still pretty medicated.

> Save the good stuff for when you're feeling good and can better
> appreciate it! <G>
>
> So when will we see you on "Dancing With the Stars?"

> The Usenet Improvement Project:
> http://improve-usenet.org

David B. Mathews

Only downside to the knee replacement is it doesn't bend back as far as it
used to and when you get down on your knees the replacement doesn't feel
anywhere near normal.
=================
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Dancing with the Stars isn't likely, but the goal is to be kayaking this
> summer.
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64
>
> "XS11E" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> "Charlie Russel - MVP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> The hardware upgrade was personal. Total knee replacement.
>>>
>>> Back home, but still pretty medicated.

>> Save the good stuff for when you're feeling good and can better
>> appreciate it! <G>
>>
>> So when will we see you on "Dancing With the Stars?"
>>

>> --
>> XS11E, Killing all posts from Google Groups
>> The Usenet Improvement Project:
>> http://improve-usenet.org

Katy Pluta

Good to know you're back home Charlie, get well!

All the Best
Katy Pluta

Charlie Russel - MVP wrote:
> The hardware upgrade was personal. Total knee replacement.
>
> Back home, but still pretty medicated.
>
> The course sounds good. I like it.

Carlos

Ooops! Would have never thought of that kinda hardware.
Hope you are up and running (literally) soon.

Carlos