Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: Python to Perl transalators

Re: Python to Perl transalators

Armin

On Wednesday 18 March 2009 11:01:00 Boris Borcic wrote:
> Armin wrote:
> >> <humor>
> >> Why on earth would you want to? That'd be like translating Shakespeare
> >> into a bad rap song!
> >> </humor>

> > lol, actually I would prefer a rap song over Shakespeare, so your analogy
> > doesn't work there

> Why, some people do prefer Perl over Python, so what's wrong with the
> analogy ?

That would mostly apply to people who haven't coded in Python for one reason
or another.

--
Armin Moradi

afriere@yahoo.co.uk

On Mar 18, 1:32*am, Armin <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > > lol, actually I would prefer a rap song over Shakespeare, so your analogy
> > > doesn't work there

> > Why, some people do prefer Perl over Python, so what's wrong with the
> > analogy ?

> > --

> That would mostly apply to people who haven't coded in Python for one reason
> or another.
>
> --
> Armin Moradi

Yes but the people who would prefer the bad rap song to Shakespeare
would simiarly be the people who haven't read enough Shakespeare ...
for one reason or another.

Abhinayaraj.Raju@Emulex.Com

Thanks Nick.

The website content is impressive.

Thanks
Agni

> > > lol, actually I would prefer a rap song over Shakespeare, so your analogy
> > > doesn't work there

> > Why, some people do prefer Perl over Python, so what's wrong with the
> > analogy ?
> >

> That would mostly apply to people who haven't coded in Python for one reason
> or another.

Perhaps the OP is looking for something like this

http://pleac.sourceforge.net/pleac_python/index.html

Which is a sort of Rosetta stone for perl and python

(The perl cookbook translated into python.)

--
Nick Craig-Wood <(E-Mail Removed)> -- http://www.craig-wood.com/nick