Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Overexposure Fuji F610

Reply
Thread Tools

Overexposure Fuji F610

 
 
Me Indoors
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-18-2009
Hi, I have an elderly Fuji F610.

If I take a flash photo or any photo' indoors it is fine but if I try to
use it in sunlight the picture is 'flooded' and horribly overexposed.
This happens on manual or auto. There are no 'error messages'. Both the
lcd and the actual photo' are flooded.

I have tried a full factory reset with no luck.

Is the camera knackered or is there a setting somewhere that I have
messed up? The indoor photos' and flash photos' are absolutely fine.

TIA - Ian





 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
ransley
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-18-2009
On Mar 18, 8:26*am, Me Indoors <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi, I have an elderly Fuji F610.
>
> If I take a flash photo or any photo' indoors it is fine but if I try to
> use it in sunlight the picture is 'flooded' and horribly overexposed.
> This happens on manual or auto. There are no 'error messages'. Both the
> lcd and the actual photo' are flooded.
>
> I have tried a full factory reset with no luck.
>
> Is the camera knackered or is there a setting somewhere that I have
> messed up? The indoor photos' and flash photos' are absolutely fine.
>
> TIA - Ian


Was it ok before. Adjust EV exposure compensation, if that doesnt work
and settings are normal it could be the camera. They sell for $9.95
now
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Me Indoors
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-18-2009
ransley wrote:
> On Mar 18, 8:26 am, Me Indoors <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Hi, I have an elderly Fuji F610.
>>
>> If I take a flash photo or any photo' indoors it is fine but if I try to
>> use it in sunlight the picture is 'flooded' and horribly overexposed.
>> This happens on manual or auto. There are no 'error messages'. Both the
>> lcd and the actual photo' are flooded.
>>
>> I have tried a full factory reset with no luck.
>>
>> Is the camera knackered or is there a setting somewhere that I have
>> messed up? The indoor photos' and flash photos' are absolutely fine.
>>
>> TIA - Ian

>
> Was it ok before. Adjust EV exposure compensation, if that doesnt work
> and settings are normal it could be the camera. They sell for $9.95
> now


Thanks. I'll put it in the bin. It was only a spare camera I kept in the
car.

 
Reply With Quote
 
ransley
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-19-2009
On Mar 18, 11:10*am, Me Indoors <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> ransley wrote:
> > On Mar 18, 8:26 am, Me Indoors <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >> Hi, I have an elderly Fuji F610.

>
> >> If I take a flash photo or any photo' indoors it is fine but if I try to
> >> use it in sunlight the picture is 'flooded' and horribly overexposed.
> >> This happens on manual or auto. There are no 'error messages'. Both the
> >> lcd and the actual photo' are flooded.

>
> >> I have tried a full factory reset with no luck.

>
> >> Is the camera knackered or is there a setting somewhere that I have
> >> messed up? The indoor photos' and flash photos' are absolutely fine.

>
> >> TIA - Ian

>
> > Was it ok before. Adjust EV exposure compensation, if that doesnt work
> > and settings are normal it could be the camera. They sell for $9.95
> > now

>
> Thanks. I'll put it in the bin. It was only a spare camera I kept in the
> car.- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -


I would not throw it away, set EV full negative, see if its set to iso
100 when outside shooting, and check what settings its shooting at,
iso, Speed and Aperature. It might be something overlooked or that can
be compensated for
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Charging Fuji FInepix F610 without Cradle? weft2 Digital Photography 1 08-18-2011 10:32 PM
Whats better Fuji F610 or F450 Damo Digital Photography 4 03-01-2005 06:35 PM
Whats better - Fuji F450 or F610? Damo Digital Photography 3 02-23-2005 12:54 AM
Why can I not get a decent picture with a fuji F610 Trevor Davies Digital Photography 1 12-07-2004 07:18 PM
Fuji F610 coming to US? Bill Sheppard Digital Photography 0 08-13-2004 07:59 PM



Advertisments