Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Recommendations Sought For Software That Scans Hard-Copy Document Into PDF File

Recommendations Sought For Software That Scans Hard-Copy Document Into PDF File

Martin

Hello,

I have 2 Brother MFC-6800 multifunction centres, one from 2002 and the other
from 2004.

Both are similar in that they create scanned files in .max format.

At best, I'm able to convert them into JPGs.

Each MFC has an auto document feeder.

I would like to know if there is freeware that will convert a document,
being passed through the automatic feeder, into a PDF file.

I currently have a Word-To-PDF converter that I use for digital .docs, but I
need one to
convert hard-copies into PDFs "saved to file".

Thanks in advance.

Martin

OldMan

Google reveals a number of hits "convert max format to pdf"

"Martin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:aVyvl.55991$(E-Mail Removed)1.easynews.com...
> Hello,
>
> I have 2 Brother MFC-6800 multifunction centres, one from 2002 and the
> other
> from 2004.
>
> Both are similar in that they create scanned files in .max format.
>
> At best, I'm able to convert them into JPGs.
>
> Each MFC has an auto document feeder.
>
> I would like to know if there is freeware that will convert a document,
> being passed through the automatic feeder, into a PDF file.
>
> I currently have a Word-To-PDF converter that I use for digital .docs, but
> need one to
> convert hard-copies into PDFs "saved to file".
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Martin

G. Morgan

Martin wrote:

>I have 2 Brother MFC-6800 multifunction centres, one from 2002 and the other
>from 2004.
>
>Both are similar in that they create scanned files in .max format.
>
>At best, I'm able to convert them into JPGs.
>
>Each MFC has an auto document feeder.
>
>I would like to know if there is freeware that will convert a document,
>being passed through the automatic feeder, into a PDF file.

I have a little MFC-210 and the software that came with it does that (.pdf).
In fact, I found the software to be very useful. You can pre-program the
scanned image resolution and file type easily. The software that came with
mine is MFL-Pro. Have you tried it?

--
"Newspaper claims car thief transformed into a goat"
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090124/...d_goat_thief_5

**Important Update**
Magic goat detained for armed robbery:
http://news.uk.msn.com/odd-news/Arti...entid=13298291

VanguardLH

Martin wrote:

> ... Brother MFC-6800 multifunction centres ...
> ... create scanned files in .max format.
> ... convert a document ... into a PDF file.

Read the manual. If you can't find your copy, go get one from the
vendors web site:

http://www.brother-usa.com/manuals/d...T.cg_s=Manuals

Page 14-8:

Scan to File
Destination Folder
File - If you select "Other Folder", from the pull-down list select
the type of file:
PaperPort Files (*.MAX)
Self Viewing Files (*.EXE)
PaperPort 5.0 Files (*.MAX)
PaperPort 4.0 Files (*.MAX)
PaperPort 3.0 Files (*.MAX)
Windows Bitmap (*.BMP)
PC Paintbrush (*.PCX)
Multi-page PCX (*.DCX)
JPEG Image Files (.JPG)
TIFF-Uncompress Files (*.TIF)
TIFF Group 4 (*.TIF)
TIFF Class F (*.TIF)
Multi-Page TIFF-Uncompressed (*.TIF)
Multi-Page TIFF Group 4 (*.TIF)
Multi-Page TIFF Class F (*.TIF)
PDF Files (*.PDF)
Portable Network Graphics (*.PNG)
FlashPix (*.FPX).
HFX Fax Files (*.HFX)

So just CHOOSE what file format you want to save your scanned document.
PDF is already available. You WILL have to install their software. No
3rd party software is required.