Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Blogging Components: Trackback and Pingback Protocols

Blogging Components: Trackback and Pingback Protocols

Mark Olbert

I'm looking to create a blogging component (or find one) that would basically be a "drop in" on an
ASP.NET page (i.e., I don't want full blown blog theme management and page configuration
capabilities).

I've looked into BlogX and dasBlog, which both seem to be good, but full blown, packages. Does
anyone know of a more limited blogging component?

Also, I'm willing to roll my own, but am unclear about how the Trackback and Pingback protocols need
to be implemented. What I could find on google wasn't terribly useful from a development
perspective. Does anyone have a good reference or two on implementation of those protocols that they
could pass along?

Thanx in advance for your help!

- Mark

Mike Moore [MSFT]

Hi Mark,

Unfortunately, I don't have much for you because these things are not
supported by Microsoft. I did find some components that you might want to
look at. They're at www.asp.net -- Control Gallery -- Content
Management.
http://asp.net/ControlGallery/defaul...y=4&tabindex=2

The following controls had descriptions which included content management
or file management.

927WebSite
DbNetFile.Net
VVTechnology File manager server control
kContent© - Content Management System
Rainbow Portal
WCMS (Web Content Management System)
ADXSTUDIO

I hope this helps.

Thank you, Mike
Microsoft, ASP.NET Support Professional

steps listed to improve your computerís security.

--------------------
> From: Mark Olbert <(E-Mail Removed)>
> Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
> Subject: Blogging Components: Trackback and Pingback Protocols
> Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 10:54:57 -0800
s7nnVB7!Le5KwSyh8Z7z7aGY0OevUalszc+PMSOzkOJtajHAem WJM5fZkkity2+mrEVz/tfRK73/
DQ==

complaint properly
cpmsftngxa07.phx.gbl!cpmsftngxa06.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTN GP08.phx.gbl!newsfeed00.su
l.t-online.de!newsfeed01.sul.t-online.de!t-online.de!newsfeed.arcor-online.n
et!small1.nntp.aus1.giganews.com!border1.nntp.aus1 .giganews.com!intern1.nntp
..aus1.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!news.giganew s.com.POSTED!not-for-mail

> I'm looking to create a blogging component (or find one) that would

basically be a "drop in" on an
> ASP.NET page (i.e., I don't want full blown blog theme management and

page configuration
> capabilities).
>
> I've looked into BlogX and dasBlog, which both seem to be good, but full

blown, packages. Does
> anyone know of a more limited blogging component?
>
> Also, I'm willing to roll my own, but am unclear about how the Trackback

and Pingback protocols need
> to be implemented. What I could find on google wasn't terribly useful

from a development
> perspective. Does anyone have a good reference or two on implementation

of those protocols that they
> could pass along?
>
> Thanx in advance for your help!
>
> - Mark