Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Camera enthusiasts

Camera enthusiasts

Charles

It seems that only a few camera enthusiasts are photographers.

Is it just me?

ray

On Sat, 14 Mar 2009 18:26:50 -0400, Charles wrote:

> It seems that only a few camera enthusiasts are photographers.
>
> Is it just me?

Might be able to tell you better if you'd tell us what you mean. Do you
mean 'camera enthusiasts' just buy cameras to sit on the shelf while
'photographers' actually take photos?

Nicko

On Mar 14, 9:27*pm, Savageduck <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 2009-03-14 18:08:38 -0700, Ockham's Razor <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
>
> > In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, ray <(E-Mail Removed)>
> > wrote:

> >> Might be able to tell you better if you'd tell us what you mean. Do you
> >> mean 'camera enthusiasts' just buy cameras to sit on the shelf while
> >> 'photographers' actually take photos?

> > I think it is like gun fondlers. * They masturbate their guns and
> > worship the Second Amendment. *But they do not know how to use them.

> Strangely enough, some gun owners are "professionals" some are
> hobbiests and some are argumentative trolls.
> Some know how to use themhttp://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/DSCF0076c3..jpg
>
> The same can be said for "camera enthusiasts" professional, hobbiest, or troll.
>
> Fondling either tool (camera or gun) seems to be an odd route to
> gratification of objects inanimate or otherwise.

So what tool were you fondling when you posted this pretentious
drivel?

--
YOP...

ray

On Sat, 14 Mar 2009 18:08:38 -0700, Ockham's Razor wrote:

> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, ray <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 14 Mar 2009 18:26:50 -0400, Charles wrote:
>>
>> > It seems that only a few camera enthusiasts are photographers.
>> >
>> > Is it just me?

>> Might be able to tell you better if you'd tell us what you mean. Do you
>> mean 'camera enthusiasts' just buy cameras to sit on the shelf while
>> 'photographers' actually take photos?

> I think it is like gun fondlers. They masturbate their guns and
> worship the Second Amendment. But they do not know how to use them.

Seems kind of messy to me. I suspect a competent psychiatrist could help
you a lot.

Marvin

Charles wrote:
> It seems that only a few camera enthusiasts are photographers.
>
> Is it just me?

Yf you mean professional photographers, hey were part of
this NG in the past, but they seem to have moved to another
discussion group.

Don Stauffer

Charles wrote:
> It seems that only a few camera enthusiasts are photographers.
>
> Is it just me?

I think there is a mix. I have friends who perport to be photographers
who are really camera collecters- they rarely photograph anything. But
I think the majority of folks in groups like my camera club are more
photographers than camera collectors. The mix varies, but there are
both types in most areas.

Charles

"Marvin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Oe9vl.326$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Charles wrote:
>> It seems that only a few camera enthusiasts are photographers.
>>
>> Is it just me?

> Yf you mean professional photographers, hey were part of this NG in the
> past, but they seem to have moved to another discussion group.

Of course they have, and so have many serious amateurs (those who care about
results more than about gear).

Charles

"Don Stauffer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:49bd2945$0$16047$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Charles wrote:
>> It seems that only a few camera enthusiasts are photographers.
>>
>> Is it just me?

> I think there is a mix. I have friends who perport to be photographers
> who are really camera collecters- they rarely photograph anything. But I
> think the majority of folks in groups like my camera club are more
> photographers than camera collectors. The mix varies, but there are both
> types in most areas.

The mix here is tilting toward gear-heads, and some of those are nit-picking
axe-grinders and trolls.

Not all that much offered here these days for folks who want to take good
shots.

whisky-dave

"Charles" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:gpmk6l$gsc$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Don Stauffer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:49bd2945$0$16047$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Charles wrote:
>>> It seems that only a few camera enthusiasts are photographers.
>>>
>>> Is it just me?

>> I think there is a mix. I have friends who perport to be photographers
>> who are really camera collecters- they rarely photograph anything. But I
>> think the majority of folks in groups like my camera club are more
>> photographers than camera collectors. The mix varies, but there are both
>> types in most areas.

> The mix here is tilting toward gear-heads, and some of those are
> nit-picking axe-grinders and trolls.
>
> Not all that much offered here these days for folks who want to take good
> shots.

I suppose it's difficult to define a good shot, defining a good camera is
probably easier,
and it's easier to discuss camera specs than the intricacies of what makes a
good picture.
I think they have the same problem in the art and music worlds, I think
sport is a little
easier provided you ban drugs.

.

Stormin Mormon

So, which one would you rather have shooting at you?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

news:(E-Mail Removed)-sjc.supernews.net...