Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Uninstall Bluetooth Help

Uninstall Bluetooth Help

Al W.

I got a Motorola Bluetooth adapter SYN0717A and wanted to use it to link to
my Blackberry. I plugged it in and let Windows XP SP2 install its generic
drivers. This only provides modem capabilities. I wanted to do file
transfers, etc. I found the actual driver and app software for the device
(WIDCOMM Bluetooth drivers) but it says to load them before plugging in the
device. I unplugged the device and did the install and it stops waiting for
me to plug the device in. When I plug it in the install seems to recognize
it and start loading drivers. Upon completion of the install, there appears
to be a race between the WIDCOMM software and XP, and XP wins every time. XP
assigns the Bluetooth device and the WIDCOMM software can't get access to it.
I have tried uninstalling all Bluetooth devices in Control
Panel/System/Hardware/Device Manager but no matter what I do the XP Bluetooth
drivers stay active. How can I get the generic drivers uninstalled?

Thanks,
Al