Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Bill posters screensaver

Bill posters screensaver

Zu Arsschlaark!

> A C64 emulator would allow it to run on a PC.

It's for the IBM PC

chuckcar

"Zu Arsschlaark!" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:Wzcvl.165608$(E-Mail Removed)2:

>> Which the C64 was one of.

> LOL

Laught if you like, I could care less. It's not my job to stop people
from looking like idiots. It's still true in any case.

>> The term you're looking for is IBM PC Clone or
>> compatible.

> OK
>

>> The point of a screensaver is to ...

> I'm aware of all that, I'm set to no screensaver whatsoever nowadays, HD
> and monitor power off after a while, but all i wanted to do was to see
> this screensaver again. Is that so wrong?

No, but if it doesn't exist on the net, you may not have a choice. If I
were you, I'd try places like the simtel archives and ftp sites. I did a
search, and had worse luck.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

Evan Platt

On Sun, 15 Mar 2009 23:20:22 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Laught if you like, I could care less. It's not my job to stop people
>from looking like idiots. It's still true in any case.

Laught?

First work on making yourself not look like an idiot.

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

chuckcar <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>The point of a screensaver is to save the phosphor coating on the inside
>of the front surface of a CRT from "burning in" a permanent image of the
>MS windows desktop. There are two easy ways to achieve this: 1. shut down
>the computer when you're not using it - your computer will behave better
>and your hard drive will last longer as well as a result due to it
>spinning for fewer hours in a year. Your hydro bill will go down too. 2.
>If for short periods of less than a couple of hours have it blank the
>screen as this saves the coating completely. Alternatively #2 could be
>replaced by standby as this makes the hard drive last even longer and
>reduces power usage more.

Obligatory "your an idiot post".

Why did you post what the OP is already aware of? I won't point out
the errors of the above.

--

(Click on the dog house)
http://amanita-design.net/samorost-2/

thanatoid

chuckcar <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

> "Zu Arsschlaark!" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:Wzcvl.165608$(E-Mail Removed)2:
>

>>> Which the C64 was one of.

>> LOL
>>

> Laught if you like, I could care less.

COULDN'T care less.
That is ONE English mistake I do NOT let /anyone/ get away with.

<SNIP>

--
"Who knows what the OP is talking about?"
(about thanatoid)