Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Help.... Help

Help.... Help

Fares

Hello all.
My operating windows is "Windows XP home".
When I boot my computer it hangs up and freezes showing a screen text "Boot
from CD/DVD"
and does not complete booting..
But when I put my operating window xp disk in CD drive then I boot the
computer, it boots well as usual and I can work with no problem.
So how can I fix this without introducing the operating windows disk in
CD drive before booting .
Please, can any person help.
Thanks
============================

TeeJay1952

Fares wrote:
> Hello all.
> My operating windows is "Windows XP home".
> When I boot my computer it hangs up and freezes showing a screen text "Boot
> from CD/DVD"
> and does not complete booting..
> But when I put my operating window xp disk in CD drive then I boot the
> computer, it boots well as usual and I can work with no problem.
> So how can I fix this without introducing the operating windows disk in
> CD drive before booting .
> Please, can any person help.
> Thanks

After XP cd boots choose repair from console. At the DOS prompt write:
Bootfix c:
then reboot
Good Luck
Tee Jay