Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Optimizing PC for DVD Copying

Optimizing PC for DVD Copying

Richard Cranium

On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 22:46:48 -0700, Mr.Eko
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Tue, 17 Mar 2009 01:33:18 GMT, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Richard Cranium)
>wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 16:47:16 -0700, Archimedes' Lever
>><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> You would know, butt face.

>>> You wouldn't know, butt face.

>>> No mom, no door, you ****ing retard. Quite a tell about you, however.
>>>Maybe you should look over your shoulder more often.

>>The only time I should have to look over my shoulder is when you are
>>in the vicinity as a constant threat to jump a male ass. It probably
>>all dates back to your conception via your daddy ass-****ing your
>>uncle when some feces-infested sperm made their way into your moms
>>snatch . . . ostensibly on the feet of flies.
>>

> Gotta love the total retards. Especially the ones that are so full of
>themselves. This Cranium retard doesn't even qualify as human.

Spoken like a true sub-neanderthal cretin.

You're just mad at me 'cause when your mom was in her ninth month with
you, I was porking her with the rest of the team and I came in your
face.

Mr.Eko

On Tue, 17 Mar 2009 12:04:42 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) (Richard Cranium)
wrote:

>On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 22:46:48 -0700, Mr.Eko
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 17 Mar 2009 01:33:18 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) (Richard Cranium)
>>wrote:

>>>The only time I should have to look over my shoulder is when you are
>>>in the vicinity as a constant threat to jump a male ass. It probably
>>>all dates back to your conception via your daddy ass-****ing your
>>>uncle when some feces-infested sperm made their way into your moms
>>>snatch . . . ostensibly on the feet of flies.
>>>

>> Gotta love the total retards. Especially the ones that are so full of
>>themselves. This Cranium retard doesn't even qualify as human.

>Spoken like a true sub-neanderthal cretin.
>
>You're just mad at me 'cause when your mom was in her ninth month with
>you, I was porking her with the rest of the team and I came in your
>face.

You are showing your mental age, jock retard boy. I do not expect you
to get it.

Bwuahahahahahahahaha!

wrote:

>On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 22:46:48 -0700, Mr.Eko
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 17 Mar 2009 01:33:18 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) (Richard Cranium)
>>wrote:

>>>The only time I should have to look over my shoulder is when you are
>>>in the vicinity as a constant threat to jump a male ass. It probably
>>>all dates back to your conception via your daddy ass-****ing your
>>>uncle when some feces-infested sperm made their way into your moms
>>>snatch . . . ostensibly on the feet of flies.
>>>

>> Gotta love the total retards. Especially the ones that are so full of
>>themselves. This Cranium retard doesn't even qualify as human.

>Spoken like a true sub-neanderthal cretin.
>
>You're just mad at me 'cause when your mom was in her ninth month with
>you, I was porking her with the rest of the team and I came in your
>face.

I was born two months earlier, you retarded, lying ****.

It is easy to point out your lies. Jock retards like you always lie,
and are easy to spot, and easy to call out.

Take a hike, pirate boy.

Richard Cranium

On Tue, 17 Mar 2009 18:49:20 -0700, Mr.Eko
<(E-Mail Removed)> revealed one source of his terminal
dumbshit by admitting:

<<<<<Snip>>>>>

>>" I was born two months earlier, you retarded, lying ****."

Awww . . the pathetic loser never fully developed. Come back when
there are adult male pubic hairs on your body instead of just in your
mouth.

Mr.Eko

On Wed, 18 Mar 2009 18:06:51 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) (Richard Cranium)
wrote:

>On Tue, 17 Mar 2009 18:49:20 -0700, Mr.Eko
><(E-Mail Removed)> revealed one source of his terminal
>dumbshit by admitting:
>
><<<<<Snip>>>>>
>>>

>>>" I was born two months earlier, you retarded, lying ****."
>>>

>Awww . . the pathetic loser never fully developed.

I developed much farther than you did, obviously.

> Come back when
>there are adult male pubic hairs on your body instead of just in your
>mouth.

More gay slurs? So, you have the mental age of an eleven year old.
Bwuahahahahahaha! Quite hilarious, the depth of your mental immaturity.
Particularly evident that you are devoid of functioning neurons is your
original post. Then the subsequent posts makes it really glaring.

You ain't real bright, BoneHeadium.

Richard Cranium

On Sun, 15 Mar 2009 12:07:57 -0500, "PapaBear" <(E-Mail Removed)2x>
wrote:

>"Richard Cranium" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>> What are the key PC components for copying DVDs using software like
>> DVDFab or any similar product?
>>
>> Is the #1 impact item the CPU, memory, HDD speed? I'm getting ready
>> to replace my aging Pentium 4 and want to optimize current DVD
>> duplication and possible BluRay when media prices become more
>> reasonable. TIA.

>The same considerations apply as for burning any optical disc. The main
>problem with DVD writing seems to be errors caused by multitasking, so
>presumably a fast multiprocessor core helps. I also suggest the faster SATA
>interface that comes with most new computers, rather than the older EIDE.
>Selection of optical drives makes a difference, and I prefer to have at
>least two different models connected and available. I use LG and Lite-On.
>Lite-On's are ordinarily good for fast reading but may crap out with CRC
>errors if the disc is marginal (warped, scratched, etc). LG's are slower
>readers of video discs (unless you install a special firmware patch) but
>better for reading marginal discs, often completing the task where Lite-On
>failed. Software is a factor. There are several possible choices for
>reading/ripping if the disc is protected. I prefer ImgBurn for burning.
>--
>PB

Thanks. It makes sense. I was experiencing ultra long copy times and
after updating burner firmware with no noticable improvement, finally
decided to replace the burner with a $30 Sony. I immediately went
from a 40 minute+ read time for a commercial DVD to less than 10
minutes. I occasionally got errors so I disconnected my Internet
connection when reading and that seems to have solved it (hence, your
mention of multitasking-based issues appears spot-on). I thought that
a more powerful CPU would help a lot (currently an old P-4) and the
price of quad core (not top end - I'm not a gamer) units has come down
to where I can probably build a very good PC for under $500. If I can
find my OS discs, then that figure will drop another $100.

Archimedes' Lever

wrote:

>"Richard Cranium" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>> What are the key PC components for copying DVDs using software like
>> DVDFab or any similar product?
>>
>> Is the #1 impact item the CPU, memory, HDD speed? I'm getting ready
>> to replace my aging Pentium 4 and want to optimize current DVD
>> duplication and possible BluRay when media prices become more
>> reasonable. TIA.

>The same considerations apply as for burning any optical disc. The main
>problem with DVD writing seems to be errors caused by multitasking, so
>presumably a fast multiprocessor core helps.

Actually, letting the PC do its job and refraining from futzing around
with it while it is doing a write session is the MAIN discipline dopey
rip it ****s need to learn.

> I also suggest the faster SATA
>interface that comes with most new computers, rather than the older EIDE.

Likely not even available any longer, unless one buys an previous
year's MOBO model.

Jeez, is everyone here two years behind the curve? The OP is like 5
years behind. This is ALL old news for most folks that have written
ANYTHING onto a CD even, much less a DVD authoring session.

>Selection of optical drives makes a difference, and I prefer to have at
>least two different models connected and available.

More idiocy. Go to Tom's hardware or other such peer review forum to
find out what drives have the best longevity and reliability on a per
session level.

> I use LG and Lite-On.

Oh boy! Brand centricity! Any more pearls of wisdom? Sheesh.

>Lite-On's are ordinarily good for fast reading but may crap out with CRC
>errors if the disc is marginal (warped, scratched, etc).

Yet you still buy them. Yeah, folks should really listen to your
'advice'... NOT!

> LG's are slower
>readers of video discs

A disc reader does not care what the data being read is.

> (unless you install a special firmware patch) but
>better for reading marginal discs, often completing the task where Lite-On
>failed.

More opinionated, baseless crap.

No ****.

> There are several possible choices for
>reading/ripping if the disc is protected. I prefer ImgBurn for burning.

Protected... hmmmm.

Like I said... this group is dead because of the rip it retards that did
not know how to stay in or go to the rip it retard groups. This group
was not for you idiots, and never was, and THAT is why everyone left.

I could easily search up the folks that used to be here, posting on
topic, and you can bet that they migrated to other groups where rip it
retards do not go.

Richard Cranium

On Thu, 19 Mar 2009 22:45:41 -0700, Archimedes' Lever
<(E-Mail Removed)> continued confirmation of his being
an asshole by writing:

<<<<<Snip>>>>>

Do you EVER provide simple, basic information, comments and/or
Try being a bit humble and folks might not recognize you're an
asshole, no matter what name you use.

Archimedes' Lever

On Fri, 20 Mar 2009 13:20:45 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) (Richard Cranium)
wrote:

>On Thu, 19 Mar 2009 22:45:41 -0700, Archimedes' Lever
><(E-Mail Removed)> continued confirmation of his being
>an asshole by writing:
>
><<<<<Snip>>>>>
>
>Do you EVER provide simple, basic information, comments and/or
>Try being a bit humble and folks might not recognize you're an
>asshole, no matter what name you use.

You get back what you give. Your first post to any one of my nyms was
derogatory, so you have nothing coming but plates full of ****, **** for
brains.

Your query was so lame, a 6 year old that has been on a PC for two
years could have given you the answer.

Richard Cranium

I rest my case, you simple, stupid, scum-sucking, sad sack-of-****.