Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Optimizing PC for DVD Copying

Optimizing PC for DVD Copying

Richard Cranium

What are the key PC components for copying DVDs using software like
DVDFab or any similar product?

Is the #1 impact item the CPU, memory, HDD speed? I'm getting ready
to replace my aging Pentium 4 and want to optimize current DVD
duplication and possible BluRay when media prices become more
reasonable. TIA.

Richard Cranium

On Sat, 14 Mar 2009 03:47:52 -0700, Bart!
<B@rt_The_Sheriff_Is_A_Nig**!.org> wrote:

>On Sat, 14 Mar 2009 00:38:50 GMT, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Richard Cranium)
>wrote:
>
>>What are the key PC components for copying DVDs using software like
>>DVDFab or any similar product?
>>
>>Is the #1 impact item the CPU, memory, HDD speed? I'm getting ready
>>to replace my aging Pentium 4 and want to optimize current DVD
>>duplication and possible BluRay when media prices become more
>>reasonable. TIA.

> **** you, pirate boy.

Suck my greasy ****-stick after I pound your mothers ass, dipshit.

PapaBear

"Richard Cranium" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
> What are the key PC components for copying DVDs using software like
> DVDFab or any similar product?
>
> Is the #1 impact item the CPU, memory, HDD speed? I'm getting ready
> to replace my aging Pentium 4 and want to optimize current DVD
> duplication and possible BluRay when media prices become more
> reasonable. TIA.

The same considerations apply as for burning any optical disc. The main
problem with DVD writing seems to be errors caused by multitasking, so
presumably a fast multiprocessor core helps. I also suggest the faster SATA
interface that comes with most new computers, rather than the older EIDE.
Selection of optical drives makes a difference, and I prefer to have at
least two different models connected and available. I use LG and Lite-On.
Lite-On's are ordinarily good for fast reading but may crap out with CRC
errors if the disc is marginal (warped, scratched, etc). LG's are slower
readers of video discs (unless you install a special firmware patch) but
better for reading marginal discs, often completing the task where Lite-On
failed. Software is a factor. There are several possible choices for
reading/ripping if the disc is protected. I prefer ImgBurn for burning.
--
PB

Archimedes' Lever

On Sat, 14 Mar 2009 12:42:27 -0700, "The Mighty T.B."
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Bart!" farted:
>
>> On Sat, 14 Mar 2009 00:38:50 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) (Richard Cranium)
>> wrote:
>>
>>>What are the key PC components for copying DVDs using software like
>>>DVDFab or any similar product?
>>>
>>>Is the #1 impact item the CPU, memory, HDD speed? I'm getting ready
>>>to replace my aging Pentium 4 and want to optimize current DVD
>>>duplication and possible BluRay when media prices become more
>>>reasonable. TIA.

>> **** you, pirate boy.

>Um, you sure this guy is "pirating dvds? Maybe the guy just wants to
>duplicate his dvds for viewing on portables.
>
>Surely you remember posting this:
>
>" Yes, I did. I have made files from my DVD and watched it on other than
>a player from the original source before, and deleted the file the next
>day. I have no other obligation. I paid for a license to privately view
>the film data. Once I paid that (sometimes many times over), I can view
>the movie in whatever format I wish.
>
> I have also made files for my PSP from that file, and since I do own
>the DVD (rights), I have also downloaded files of films I own a copy of,
>as opposed to transcoding it myself. I can then convert it to any format
>or file size I want. My PSP currently has 3 movies on the memory stick,
>and that will change when I get my 16GB stick. I am also looking into
>burning the mini-discs 'UMD' sized discs with files and see if it 'sees'
>them. Watching movies on the bus with good sealing ear buds rules!"
>
>You seem to have forgotten the hundred plus post thread when you were using
>your latest goofy screen name "Archimedes' Lever" in this newsgroup from
>last month where you went to great lengths defending copying dvds, etc.
>
>T.B.

The really funny part is the stupid question about what affects the
task. The idiot doesn't even know where data or processing bottlenecks
are in a system, and thinks that he suddenly will understand it all if
someone would just tell him once.

"Is it the hard drive?"

Sheesh! Give me a break. If his CRANIUM wasn't so THICK, his brain
might actually weigh more than a few grams.

Nacheim Azuresbuni

On Sun, 15 Mar 2009 10:06:45 -0700, Bart! <Bart the Fart> pulled his
tongue out from his daddys asshole for a brief minute to spew some
drivel:

>On Sat, 14 Mar 2009 12:42:27 -0700, "The Mighty T.B."
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>"Bart!" farted:

>>> **** you, pirate boy.

>>Um, you sure this guy is "pirating dvds?

> Yes. I am psychic.
>
>> Maybe the guy just wants to
>>duplicate his dvds for viewing on portables.

> Except for the remark about doing it with BluRay, which he doesn't even
>own.

How the **** do you know he doesn't own a BluRay player? You need to
stop jerking off whilst watching your mom through the crack in the
bathroom door.

>>Surely you remember posting this:
>>
>>" Yes, I did. I have made files from my DVD and watched it on other than
>>a player from the original source before, and deleted the file the next
>>day. I have no other obligation. I paid for a license to privately view
>>the film data. Once I paid that (sometimes many times over), I can view
>>the movie in whatever format I wish.
>>
>> I have also made files for my PSP from that file, and since I do own
>>the DVD (rights), I have also downloaded files of films I own a copy of,
>>as opposed to transcoding it myself. I can then convert it to any format
>>or file size I want. My PSP currently has 3 movies on the memory stick,
>>and that will change when I get my 16GB stick. I am also looking into
>>burning the mini-discs 'UMD' sized discs with files and see if it 'sees'
>>them. Watching movies on the bus with good sealing ear buds rules!"
>>
>>You seem to have forgotten the hundred plus post thread when you were using
>>your latest goofy screen name "Archimedes' Lever" in this newsgroup from
>>last month where you went to great lengths defending copying dvds, etc.
>>
>>T.B.

> Archimedes' has posted with that nym for over a year, so the term
>"latest" shows how stupid you are.
>
> I think that BulbousSkull is one of those rental retards that rents
>and copies. There is a difference.

Again - from what set of facts are you drawing your conclusions?

You are nothing but a loudmouth zero. **** off.

Archimedes' Lever

On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 03:57:08 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) (Nacheim
Azuresbuni) wrote:

>How the **** do you know he doesn't own a BluRay player? You need to
>stop jerking off whilst watching your mom through the crack in the
>bathroom door.

That's about as mature as a freshly laid turd. Oh, that's right... you
ARE a freshly laid turd.

Richard Cranium

On Sun, 15 Mar 2009 22:26:14 -0700, Archimedes' Lever
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 03:57:08 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) (Nacheim
>Azuresbuni) wrote:
>

>>How the **** do you know he doesn't own a BluRay player? You need to
>>stop jerking off whilst watching your mom through the crack in the
>>bathroom door.

> That's about as mature as a freshly laid turd. Oh, that's right... you
>ARE a freshly laid turd.

At least he gets laid. You, on the other hand, are in a constant
state of choking your chicken. Do you get a good enough view of mom
wiping through the crack in the door?

Archimedes' Lever

On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 19:13:45 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) (Richard Cranium)
wrote:

>On Sun, 15 Mar 2009 22:26:14 -0700, Archimedes' Lever
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 03:57:08 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) (Nacheim
>>Azuresbuni) wrote:
>>

>>>How the **** do you know he doesn't own a BluRay player? You need to
>>>stop jerking off whilst watching your mom through the crack in the
>>>bathroom door.

>> That's about as mature as a freshly laid turd. Oh, that's right... you
>>ARE a freshly laid turd.

>At least he gets laid.

You would know, butt face.

> You, on the other hand, are in a constant
>state of choking your chicken.

You wouldn't know, butt face.

> Do you get a good enough view of mom
>wiping through the crack in the door?

No mom, no door, you ****ing retard. Quite a tell about you, however.
Maybe you should look over your shoulder more often.

Richard Cranium

On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 16:47:16 -0700, Archimedes' Lever
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 19:13:45 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) (Richard Cranium)
>wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 15 Mar 2009 22:26:14 -0700, Archimedes' Lever
>><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> That's about as mature as a freshly laid turd. Oh, that's right... you
>>>ARE a freshly laid turd.

>>At least he gets laid.

> You would know, butt face.
>
>> You, on the other hand, are in a constant
>>state of choking your chicken.

> You wouldn't know, butt face.
>
>> Do you get a good enough view of mom
>>wiping through the crack in the door?

> No mom, no door, you ****ing retard. Quite a tell about you, however.
>Maybe you should look over your shoulder more often.

The only time I should have to look over my shoulder is when you are
in the vicinity as a constant threat to jump a male ass. It probably
all dates back to your conception via your daddy ass-****ing your
uncle when some feces-infested sperm made their way into your moms
snatch . . . ostensibly on the feet of flies.

Mr.Eko

On Tue, 17 Mar 2009 01:33:18 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) (Richard Cranium)
wrote:

>On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 16:47:16 -0700, Archimedes' Lever
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 19:13:45 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) (Richard Cranium)
>>wrote:

>>>At least he gets laid.

>> You would know, butt face.
>>
>>> You, on the other hand, are in a constant
>>>state of choking your chicken.

>> You wouldn't know, butt face.
>>
>>> Do you get a good enough view of mom
>>>wiping through the crack in the door?

>> No mom, no door, you ****ing retard. Quite a tell about you, however.
>>Maybe you should look over your shoulder more often.

>The only time I should have to look over my shoulder is when you are
>in the vicinity as a constant threat to jump a male ass. It probably
>all dates back to your conception via your daddy ass-****ing your
>uncle when some feces-infested sperm made their way into your moms
>snatch . . . ostensibly on the feet of flies.

Gotta love the total retards. Especially the ones that are so full of
themselves. This Cranium retard doesn't even qualify as human.