Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > " firefox still running "

" firefox still running "

D.

many times when i open firefox or try
to download something , i get the window
which states : " firefox is still running , close firefox
or restart my computer . "
i even got this window after i had uninstalled
firefox .
can someone tell me how i might correct this ?
TIA ,
D.

Rom

On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 18:43:29 -0400, D. wrote:

> many times when i open firefox or try
> to download something , i get the window
> which states : " firefox is still running , close firefox
> or restart my computer . "
> i even got this window after i had uninstalled
> firefox .
> can someone tell me how i might correct this ?

Start here:
<http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Firefox+is+already+running+but+is+not+responding>
<http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Firefox+hangs#Hang_at_exit>
<http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Firefox+exe+is+always+running>

and possibly something here may also help so worth a read:
<http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/unable+to+download+or+save+files>

--
Rom

D.

thanks Rom ,
those links told me what i needed to know .
D.

news:s1iflwxocsdn.15hctydcvdrsz$(E-Mail Removed)...