Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Copying Files

Copying Files

The Stone Crusher

I am tryin g to copy files from an external HD to my C:/ drive. I copied
two and with the third one I receive a message it cannot find the file!

XP SP2 Dell Inspiron 1525

Suggestions?

Goodwill,
Luke

攸hw不f

In message <49ba9cd1$0$20288$(E-Mail Removed)>, "The Stone Crusher" wrote:
> I am tryin g to copy files from an external HD to my C:/ drive. I copied
> two and with the third one I receive a message it cannot find the file!
>
> XP SP2 Dell Inspiron 1525
>
> Suggestions?
>
> Goodwill,
> Luke

Maybe you should try copying it to the C:\ drive instead?
File corruption happens, mate.

^_^

y gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and sudden
surpations.... The means of defense against foreign danger historically have bec
me the instruments of tyranny at home."
-James Madison

PeeCee

"The Stone Crusher" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:49ba9cd1$0$20288$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am tryin g to copy files from an external HD to my C:/ drive. I copied
>two and with the third one I receive a message it cannot find the file!
>
> XP SP2 Dell Inspiron 1525
>
> Suggestions?
>
> Goodwill,
> Luke

The path/filename may be to long.
Max length for XP is 255 charachters.
Try renaming some of the folders and the file to a sorter length names.

Best
Paul.

Dan C

On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 13:49:57 -0500, The Stone Crusher wrote:

> I am tryin g to copy files from an external HD to my C:/ drive. I
> copied two and with the third one I receive a message it cannot find the
> file!
>
> XP SP2 Dell Inspiron 1525
>
> Suggestions?

You'll need to format both the C: drive and the external HD.

After that it'll work fine.

Whimsical Wendy

攸hw不f wrote:
> In message <49ba9cd1$0$20288$(E-Mail Removed)>, "The Stone Crusher" wrote:
>> I am tryin g to copy files from an external HD to my C:/ drive. I copied
>> two and with the third one I receive a message it cannot find the file!
>>
>> XP SP2 Dell Inspiron 1525
>>
>> Suggestions?
>>
>> Goodwill,
>> Luke
>>

> Maybe you should try copying it to the C:\ drive instead?
> File corruption happens, mate.

You dick brained imbecile 攸hw不f, you've only just upgraded
beyond dial-up now you cannot stop yourself from posting crap!
The OP is a phuckwit, but you are worse.
The OP fails to state how external drive is connected, how he
is trying to transfer, is he drag and dropping via explorer, or
is he using a tool, what is producing the message etc.
What is the file type, is it hidden/user prohibited/DRM/etc???
The OP states he is trying to copy from external HD to C:
but your only contribution is to correct him on a small point,
you socially crippled inadequate braindead dogs arse.

攸hw不f

philo wrote:
> 攸hw不f wrote:
>> In message <49ba9cd1$0$20288$(E-Mail Removed)>, "The Stone Crusher" wrote:
>>> I am tryin g to copy files from an external HD to my C:/ drive. I
>>> copied two and with the third one I receive a message it cannot find
>>> the file!
>>>
>>> XP SP2 Dell Inspiron 1525
>>>
>>> Suggestions?
>>>
>>> Goodwill,
>>> Luke

>> Maybe you should try copying it to the C:\ drive instead?
>> File corruption happens, mate.
>>
>> ^_^
>>

> Maybe he has a Unix C: drive <<G>>

Well its good to know that Dell has stepped up to the plate and actually
started to sell linux on their machines...

--
http://www.palindeception.com/
http://palinpics4truth.blogspot.com

攸hw不f

Whimsical Wendy wrote:
> 攸hw不f wrote:
>> In message <49ba9cd1$0$20288$(E-Mail Removed)>, "The Stone Crusher" wrote:
>>> I am tryin g to copy files from an external HD to my C:/ drive. I
>>> copied two and with the third one I receive a message it cannot find
>>> the file!
>>>
>>> XP SP2 Dell Inspiron 1525
>>>
>>> Suggestions?
>>>
>>> Goodwill,
>>> Luke

>> Maybe you should try copying it to the C:\ drive instead?
>> File corruption happens, mate.
>>

> You dick brained imbecile 攸hw不f, you've only just upgraded
> beyond dial-up now you cannot stop yourself from posting crap!
> The OP is a phuckwit, but you are worse.

<snif>

> The OP fails to state how external drive is connected, how he
> is trying to transfer, is he drag and dropping via explorer, or
> is he using a tool, what is producing the message etc.
> What is the file type, is it hidden/user prohibited/DRM/etc???
> The OP states he is trying to copy from external HD to C:
> but your only contribution is to correct him on a small point,
> you socially crippled inadequate braindead dogs arse.

You just maed teh Baby Jebus cry.

--
http://www.palindeception.com/
http://palinpics4truth.blogspot.com

Copying files to Vista Program Files in ruby script Shawn Mcclain Ruby 0 09-28-2007 09:21 PM
XCOPY is not copying ascx files while it copies .dll files c.verma@gmail.com ASP .Net 0 01-14-2005 07:29 PM
copying multiple files yaduraj Perl 1 08-09-2004 06:06 PM
Copying files ......... ALPO ASP .Net 1 12-20-2003 09:33 PM
moving and copying encrypted files Paul L MCSE 8 11-04-2003 03:21 AM

Advertisments