Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > setting short date without day

setting short date without day

jtaylor

Long Date (includes day) has suddenly appeared at lower right pf bottom tool
bar resulting in a two layer bar. Tried to reset to short date using
regional settings. The day still appears along withe date. How can I
remove the day from the date setting? Thanks for any help.
--
jay

R. C. White

"jtaylor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Long Date (includes day) has suddenly appeared at lower right pf bottom
> tool
> bar resulting in a two layer bar. Tried to reset to short date using
> regional settings. The day still appears along withe date. How can I
> remove the day from the date setting? Thanks for any help.
> --
> jay

R. C. White

Hi, Jay.

Sounds like you've accidentally widened your Taskbar (not "tool bar"). It's
easy to do - and just as easy to undo. ;<)

Hover your mouse over the top edge of the Taskbar until the pointer becomes
a two-headed arrow. Then drag that top edge downward just a little, until
it becomes only one line high again. Your time/date display should return
to "normal".

The Taskbar height is adjustable; you can have it 3 or more lines high if
you like - or even make it disappear altogether. You can do it on purpose,
or - as you discovered - by accident while trying to do something else. As
you probably know, you can also drag the Toolbar to the top or either side
of your screen if you like. But I like to keep it at the bottom, where good
ol' Bill G. put it. ;<)

As we say, "Accidents happen". As proved by the blank Reply I just sent.
:^{

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA