Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > mac address how to find/ ipconfig/all?

mac address how to find/ ipconfig/all?

Bruce

I have just set up a wireless network.
I was curious on how to find the mac address.
I was on a site that said to, go to run
and enter in, ipconfig /all|more or ipconfig/all and it just
briefly showed a black screen and disappeared?

Though I was thinking afterwards, that I should't necessarily do something a
site says, too late.
I don't think the above command does anything?
thanks

Joan Archer

You have to do this from a command prompt.
See if this helps,
Joan

If you are running XP, go to Start-run and type cmd. When you hit OK it
will open a command window.

Type ipconfig /all Read the MAC on the correct adapter.

Type exit to close window.

Bruce wrote:
>I have just set up a wireless network.
> I was curious on how to find the mac address.
> I was on a site that said to, go to run
> and enter in, ipconfig /all|more or ipconfig/all and it just
> briefly showed a black screen and disappeared?
>
> Though I was thinking afterwards, that I should't necessarily do
> something a site says, too late.
> I don't think the above command does anything?
> thanks

Frank

don't forget the space Joan left after ipconfig
Frank L

"Bruce" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OQBEBj$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have just set up a wireless network.
> I was curious on how to find the mac address.
> I was on a site that said to, go to run
> and enter in, ipconfig /all|more or ipconfig/all and it just
> briefly showed a black screen and disappeared?
>
> Though I was thinking afterwards, that I should't necessarily do something
> a site says, too late.
> I don't think the above command does anything?
> thanks

Jack

Hi

May be this can Help.

IPconfig - http://www.ezlan.net/ipcfg.html

IP & MAC - http://www.ezlan.net/ip_mac.html

Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Bruce" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OQBEBj$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have just set up a wireless network.
> I was curious on how to find the mac address.
> I was on a site that said to, go to run
> and enter in, ipconfig /all|more or ipconfig/all and it just
> briefly showed a black screen and disappeared?
>
> Though I was thinking afterwards, that I should't necessarily do something

> site says, too late.
> I don't think the above command does anything?
> thanks

Arkady Frenkel

Programmatically that SendARP()
Arkady

"Bruce" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OQBEBj$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have just set up a wireless network.
> I was curious on how to find the mac address.
> I was on a site that said to, go to run
> and enter in, ipconfig /all|more or ipconfig/all and it just
> briefly showed a black screen and disappeared?
>
> Though I was thinking afterwards, that I should't necessarily do something
> a site says, too late.
> I don't think the above command does anything?
> thanks

Danny Kile

Frank wrote:
> don't forget the space Joan left after ipconfig
> Frank L
>
> "Bruce" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:OQBEBj$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>I have just set up a wireless network.
>>I was curious on how to find the mac address.
>>I was on a site that said to, go to run
>>and enter in, ipconfig /all|more or ipconfig/all and it just
>>briefly showed a black screen and disappeared?
>>
>>Though I was thinking afterwards, that I should't necessarily do something
>>a site says, too late.
>>I don't think the above command does anything?
>>thanks

The space is not required

--
Danny Kile
Please reply to the Newsgroup ONLY

"Dogs come when they're called, CATS take a message and get back to
you." Mary Bly